• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere Parameter automation

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Parameter automation

Hello,
    I'm starting to explore the effects automation in Omnisphere.
    The problem I'm having is this. I've set an effect parameter to "enable host automation" and as a result got "ID:10" next to it. How do I find this parameter in the host automation? I'm using Cubase Studio 4. When I look in the automation list I see hundreds of options (volume, pan, many that I have no idea what they are, etc.) and now CC10 is missing from the list of CC 1-127. But where is it? Is it labeled in some specific way so I can find it?

Thanks.

Re: Omnisphere Parameter automation

I am interested in this one too. As I have only had omnisphere about 30 minutes or so I would hesitate to advise, but have you tried using midi learn either via keyboard or by recording an automation change in the track and then playing back?

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Probably the quickest way is to simply use this automation. After enabling, write some "movement" of selected controller and an autmation track will be automatically created. Now in Cubase, select to show used automation and there you have it, you can now write or overwrite, edit, delete, whatever you need.
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

I was thinking about this... but how would you work if you already have other automation events going - which you dont want to automate....but have one you do?

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero View Post
    I was thinking about this... but how would you work if you already have other automation events going - which you dont want to automate....but have one you do?

Zero
    Um... sorry, I'm not sure what seems to be the problem. Can you give me more details please?
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Hi Iwanastu,
    I probably wasn't clear. Say you have an automated track in Cubase plenty going on, maybe fx automated and things, then you add omnisphere and want to automate a parameter in omnisphere... I was wondering what is the quickest way to work.

Option a] Tweak a controller on your keyboard whilst omni is learning.. then use this now assigned CC in Cubase automation lanes. but this does not assign to any parameter you wish for...

Maybe there is a better way?

Zero

Not a problem. Automated tracks show under the "device" they come from, so all the FX tracks automation will be under those FX tracks and the automation for Omnisphere will be present either in the VSTs folder/Omnisphere (if you open Omni under VSTi's - you know, the window under F11 - to use its multitibral feature) or as an Instrument Track if you use it as a single channel instrument.
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Wait a second, won't the automated parameter appear in Cubase under the MIDI track for the particular patch in Omnisphere? Or should it appear somewhere else?

No. Unless what you really did is use midi learn and use midi to control parameters. Then the midi data will appear IN the midi track. But the automation data shows under the "device track", if I can call it that.
    Of course, if you use Cubase's Instrument Tracks then those instrument tracks are both "device tracks" and midi tracks at the same time, so it can seem that the automation data really shows up under the midi tracks but they are not really midi tracks, or at least "not only midi" tracks.
    Sorry if it is a bit convoluted, the best thing to do is experiment and see for yourself.
    NorthernSounds.NET.

I understand what you mean with instrument tracks. That's easier to understand.
    I don't understand what you said: "Unless what you really did is use midi learn and use midi to control parameters".
    What other way is there to control a midi instrument if not through midi learn and midi parameters?

Go Back to forum