• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tango 24 and RME DIGI9652 card

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Tango 24 and RME DIGI9652 card

Dear wise readers of Northernsounds,

My sequencing computer (Cubase SX3 with a RME DIGI9652 sound card), which triggers 3 computers each running GigaStudio, used to work flawlessly with my Tango 24 converter, but in the past few months I have developed a problem: The Tango "crashes" every 5 to 30 minutes! By "crash" I mean my monitors make a popping sound (as if the power cord was suddenly unplugged) and all audio playback cuts out! No more sound. If I unplug and replug the Tango 24, it will play sound again immediately......for a few minutes. Then "pop" again and no sound again, until I replug the power cable.

Frontier Design twice checked my Tango unit and twice sent it back saying it functioned perfectly, so clearly the problem lies elsewhere in my set up.

O you older and wiser men and women of the web.....have you any trouble shooting advice? Have you ever come across such symptoms? Would you guess it to be a clocking issue or a software/ driver issue?

Please help!

Was a happy camper, now I'm......
    Desparate!

Re: Tango 24 and RME DIGI9652 card

Just guessing here ....
    Are you using ADAT to receive audio from the giga machines?
    If so I'm thinking the clock settings might have been changed since it worked well.

I have tried every clocking combination between the Tango and the RME card. Nothing seems to work. I have even hooked up BNC cables between the Tango and the RME card and again tried every clocking combination, and still nothing solved the inevitable "pop" and silence. What else could it be, do you think?

Thanks so much for your time!
    Keith

Sorry Steve,

On re-reading your reply I see I did not answer your question.

The problem of my audio converter going silent happens even when there are no Giga computers powered on.......the problem occurs even when the Tango and the computer with the RME card are the only units powered on.

Thanks,
    Keith

My next guess would be bad drivers or and other sound device that is in conflict with the Tango.

Go Back to forum