• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Themes from the House of Horrors

Themes from the House of Horrors

I realize I have been away for awhile, but I did get very busy there for a bit. Now I am back to a single job and hope to spend a bit more time here.

This is my 2nd piece utilizing David (etlux) Sosnowski's new synth (available here SSynth.com).

The piece also uses GPO and JABB.

Here it is

For anyone that might have missed the first one...

Here it is

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Re: Themes from the House of Horrors

Good job Ron. The music is true to the title. I liked the blend of synth with "real" instruments.

Nice mix too.

Steve Winkler

OH my -I hope this piece doesn't reflect your state of mind, Ron, in the wake of the jam-packed schedule you've had recently-?!

I mean, it's atmospheric, effectively dramatic with a really fun-to-hear blend of David's synth and GPO - but you know like it's all CReepy!

Good to hear from you again - as eerie as your new offering is!

I think that should cover it.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Wilton, NH

And to think people might trust their kids to your care, at least mathematically speaking - just don't let them hear this

Seriously, I do really like this. I really enjoyed the Adrian Belew type guitar work (I think it was a synth, but it reminds me of Adrian. Or was it Fripp?) that crops up here and there.
    Trent P. McDonald

I thoroughly enjoyed some of the sonorities in this,
    Ron -- and once again, a very well executed blend
    of the synthetic and the real.

Highly hypnotic... and a successful invocation of
    a sense of horror; yet without overt cliches.

Well done!

My best,

David Sosnowski

Central Illinois

Hi Ron,

Quite an eerie soundscape you have created with this. I like those ascending scream-like sounds that sneak in every once in awhile.

Hope your transition in life is going well, John

I am still working on getting the right blend of "real" and synth for what works, but I do think I am heading in the right direction. Thanks

First off I do hope you notice that I have been working on my last chords!

Actually, I know you have, but you just aren't sure how to react to these pieces. I know how far they are from what you would compose.

In this one I worked more in your way than you would imagine. I found a melody, perfected it, and then went back and filled in around it. I really like the melody in this one; It is simple and yet as David said, hypnotic.

I think I am beginning to understand your codewords!!!

At least it is music (sort of) and was a lot more fun to do than plan lessons and write papers.

My students love it when I play them my music. It means at least for a few minutes thewy don't have to learn math.

I went to youtube and looked up Adrian Belew. Amazing guitarist...His style does remind me of pieces I compose on the guitar.

I certainly hope you liked some of the sounds in this! After all, they do come from your machine.

I have one more of these that I have started and will finish, but then I have to do a more typical orchestral piece that has been playing around on the edges of my consciousness.

Those screams are one of David's guitars that I have run thru Guitar Rig. Makes for some interesting sounds.

Thanks guys

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

It seams you have been busy since I've been gone Ron. I love what you are doing with the synths and the orchestral samples. You definitely have a real knack for combining the two.

A lot of synth/orchestral works I've heard from others always has the orchestra playing most of the parts of a piece and then adding bizarre inserts of synth here and there. You really do a great job integrating the synth into the weave of orchestration so the net result has a very homogenous texture in the overall sound.

I had to go back to listen to your most recent posts using synths. I realize not all have included David's instrument, but all have been fun to listen to.

My favorite I think so far was the Primordial Ooze one, mainly because the stereo effects were really incredible in that.

Anyway, glad I'm caught up on your endeavors of late, you have a real talent here. Hope you pursue this avenue for awhile.

Toronto, Canada

Hi Ron,

You certainly have melded the synthesizer's sounds with your compositional materials, and also with traditional instruments in the second piece. Personally, I like the first piece as the better of the two. It just seems to be more satisfying as a unit. Great job.

Best Regards,

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast