• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonokinetic - new sampling and sound design tools

Share/Bookmark

Sonokinetic - new sampling and sound design tools

Hello Everybody

We'd like to invite you to visit our new website.
    Since late 2008 we've been working hard on some new production tools (samples, loops and sound design elements) for composers and sound designers. We are two dedicated composers and sound producers who'd like to offer you our views on music and sound design in a few very affordable and hopefully useful new products.

1) Felt Force One: The powerful orchestral percussive scoring library
For fast and efficient scoring, guide-tracking work and full scores building. 24 bit 44.1 kHz 7 fully percussive scored and performed construction kitsdivided4 and 8 or 16 bar phrases for quick scoring and transitions 15+ Massive Slams and Hits (single hits/oneshots), 2 snare ensemble phrases, a metal and iron hits, GrandCassa, BigDrumFX (single hits/oneshots) patch and a shout and screaming ‘men’ (single hits/oneshots) patch. Format: Kontakt, AppleLoops, Wave
    Or Download our try-out for free (check http://www.sonokinetic.com/feltforceone/)

2) RockHard: This library provides basic rock construction kits for complimenting symphonic Orchestral music. Especially those epic and action-full trailer tracks sometimes need more kick and a great way to achieve this is by adding guitars and rhythm section. For this we’ve created a new and very easy to use construction kit. Providing six friendly chord based live recording sessions of a powerful rock band. RockHard arrangements all contain drums, bass and electric guitars. Format: Kontakt, AppleLoops, Wave

3) Q's Designed Sound:Ques for editorial sound design in movies, games, trailers, promo’s and teasers.100 exclusive produced sound effects. Primary designed for video & audio promo’s and trailers productions.Glitches, beeps, statics, explosions, booms, bangs, wrappers, powerups, coolers, etc
    Format:Wave and Kontakt

4) Cerberus Monstrous SFX:A complete 24-bit mastered set of top designed acoustic sound effects from a Demonic Monstrous Underworld monster. With over 100+ files this very affordable library will knock you out of your socks and make the neighbours run for cover.Roars, Screams, Snarls, Squeals, Inhales, Exhales, Breath, Moans, Footsteps, Wounded SFX, Attacks, Warnings, Communications, Howls & Underworld Ambiences
    Format:Wave

If you're interested and got some time, please check it out at:

http://www.sonokinetic.com

There're demo's and extended information on each of the different sample sets. Also we've got a user friendly forum set up to provide user the technical and creative support if needed.

We're happy to provide more information or to take any feedback you think should help developing this line of products more.

Thanks
    Rob

Re: Sonokinetic - new sampling and sound design tools

Oh joy, yet another library to make those who do not know how to orchestrate sound as if they do.

I am glad I am getting old.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Really, Jay, you ARE feeling old, aren't you?

What you are describing has been happening for a looooong time, in case you didn't notice. EW helped quite a bit for those who don't know how to use a simple reverb and EQ: Ready made out of the box, etc, etc.

But it's not the place to talk about it really.

Calypso: Best of luck with your sales.

I checked out the demos. Really cool stuff, Calypso! Cerberus and Q are on my short list!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    Oh joy, yet another library to make those who do not know how to orchestrate sound as if they do.

I am glad I am getting old.
    I concur. Nowadays, just open the box and you are an instant composer/arranger/orchestrator. No talent required.

(I am even older than you, Mister Jay.)

Larry G. Alexander
    http://www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    I concur. Nowadays, just open the box and you are an instant composer/arranger/orchestrator. No talent required.

(I am even older than you, Mister Jay.)
    And I disagree completely
    That's just a quick first and false impression. Because after, let's say, hitting the first chord on Symphobia, being blown away and thinking "WOW, I'm a best composer and producer in the world!" you quickly realise that now you have to come up with a second chord. Then a third one. And you actually have to compose, come up with ideas, just like always, and tools like these only make your music sound better and possible to do more quickly.

What, you have ready-made clusters and maybe even some short phrases? That's just what it is - clusters and short phrases - meaning you won't get too far with the score by using just those. After using some of this "easy stuff" you quickly realise that you need much more to make actual music - especially a good music. And even if you're making a track that is made 90% from ready-made phrases, loops, textures etc. (let's say an ambient track) it still takes much and rare skill to make them all work together nicely and being interesting - simply make a good music with it. No amateur can do that.

And since you are both much older and much more experienced composers than myself and I'm pretty sure it's rather improbable you wouldn't realise this, my only guess why you are sayng such things and being "affraid" that it can enable not-talented people to "be talented" is... because you may have not been using those particular tools yourself too much?

The other thing is fact that there are also directors/producers/other poeple hiring composers, who may not know too much about music and end up satisfied merely with a few random clusters and hits put together poorly or loops and textures/drones that don't even work with each other.

But there's probalby not much we can do about it...
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Hey Guys,
    We've updated the product site with a free download of one of the construction kits.
    So please feel free to download and check out Felt Force One.
    http://www.sonokinetic.com/feltforceone/
    Enjoy

Rob Vandenberg

http://www.sonokinetic.com
    http://www.robvandenberg.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanatsu View Post
    The other thing is fact that there are also directors/producers/other poeple hiring composers, who may not know too much about music and end up satisfied merely with a few random clusters and hits put together poorly or loops and textures/drones that don't even work with each other.

But there's probalby not much we can do about it...
    Bingo!

And you are correct, there is probably not much we can do about it.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thanks for all the support guys. All reactions we've had until now are very good, lots of customers really enjoying their purchased sonokinetic products.

It's something we've been hoping for but never really expected these numbers!

We'll try to keep the quality and service high.
    And produce new inspiring collections on a regular base.

warm regards

for Sonokinetic

Rob

I was watching Conan The Barbarian the other night in a hotel room. If they do a re-make, I'm sure this thing will come in real handy.

OTOH, my guess is that this would be invaluable for video game stuff which is probably where the real money is these days. Sadly, I can't stand video games or I'd probably want this a LOT more. The idea of anything 'looped' leaves me cold. (Which is probably why I'm always so darned broke! )

---JC

Go Back to forum