• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt2 Interface use question

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt2 Interface use question

Hi ,

I hope this isn't a stupid question. I use the Kontakt2 player as a VST within Sonar (GPO and JABB). When I have multiple instruments loaded, the keyboard (in Kontakt2) seems to apply to only the first instrument loaded. Of course, I want to be able to switch from instrument to instrument - primarily to see how the key switching works and to audition without having to assign to Sonar tracks.

I'm sure I'm missing something dumb (like changing the midi channel on the keyboard strip or somehow SELECTING the instrument to be auditioned). I have checked the JABB doc and haven't found it.

Thanks for any advice.

Larry

Re: Kontakt2 Interface use question

Quote Originally Posted by buxtehude View Post
    Hi ,

I hope this isn't a stupid question. I use the Kontakt2 player as a VST within Sonar (GPO and JABB). When I have multiple instruments loaded, the keyboard (in Kontakt2) seems to apply to only the first instrument loaded. Of course, I want to be able to switch from instrument to instrument - primarily to see how the key switching works and to audition without having to assign to Sonar tracks.

I'm sure I'm missing something dumb (like changing the midi channel on the keyboard strip or somehow SELECTING the instrument to be auditioned). I have checked the JABB doc and haven't found it.

Thanks for any advice.

Larry
    Larry,

Highlight the instrument (click on the instrument, a yellow outline will indicate it's selection) you want the keyboard to apply to

Mike, thanks for your response.

I've been clicking those boxes for days now with nothing happenning, and then I decided to narrow my poking to the very top border and, low and behold..

I had been clicking in the border of the MAXIMIZED instrument and that doesn't work (didn't make sense to me, either).

You put me back on the right track. Thanks very much
    Larry

Hi, Larry - Glad you got that solved by MMOSC's helpful post.

I'm curious though - you said "...I had been clicking in the border of the MAXIMIZED instrument and that doesn't work..."

The only "maximized" view of the instruments I can think of is the one that shows up in KP2's large window when you make your selection. That Is the one you click at the top to activate the on screen keyboard - What other "maximized" view is there - ?

Randy

Randy,

When you load an instrument into the 'rack', it comes in about an inch and a half or two inches tall. If you click on the GPO or JABB button (upper left corner of instrument panel), it makes it about 3/4 inches tall. I was calling that 'minimized' and the other 'maximized'. Turns out you can only 'select' in the upper 3/4 inch area.

Sorry for the confusion.

Larry

Hi, Larry - Ah, yes of course - I should've understood you. Part of the reason I wasn't sure what you meant is that I hardly ever minimize the GUIs that way, haven't for a long time. Sure can come in handy when you have a lot of instruments loaded!

So what you said earlier about not being able to connect an instrument to the virtual keyboard when the GUI is maximized isn't correct - I think you know that now. You can select the upper portion of the GUI when its maximized, that selects the instrument - and that portion selected is exactly what the minimized view consists of.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum