• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Total Newbie -- Need Help :o

Share/Bookmark

Total Newbie -- Need Help :o

Hello,

I am totally new to GPO. I splurged and picked up a copy of GPO so that I could fiddle around at composing some music and see what I could do. This is how newbie I am -- I did not know until after I installed it that I needed another program to record my work, mix it, save it, etc. After some further digging, I picked up a copy of Sonar LE -- not the newest and best, but something that I thought would get the job done.

I've now installed Sonar LE, and I can't find a way of recording anything out of GPO into Sonar. What am I missing? I'm sure it's either absurdly simple or massively complicated, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kent

Re: Total Newbie -- Need Help :o

Kent

Open a new project in Sonar and add some midi tracks. Go to insert/Soft synth and make sure you see Kontakt 2 player and let us know from there.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Kent

Go to insert/Soft synth and make sure you see Kontakt 2 player and let us know from there.

Ron
    Yep, that's where I get stuck. Within Sonar's "insert/soft synth" box, there are only two options: Drop Zone and TriangleII. I don't see any GPO option.

I should say that I'm running GPO on my laptop (huge ram, fast processor, enormous hard drive -- basically a desktop replacement). Must be a setting somewhere...

You may need to have Sonar rescan the plugin folder in order to see that GPO is there.

Is GPO in the same folder that Triangle and the other instrument is in?

Sonar needs to know where to find the instruments.

I don't use Sonar so I don't know the particulars.

Quote Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
    You may need to have Sonar rescan the plugin folder in order to see that GPO is there.

Is GPO in the same folder that Triangle and the other instrument is in?

Sonar needs to know where to find the instruments.

I don't use Sonar so I don't know the particulars.
    OK. I've gone into Sonar's plugin manager. I can add new locations to it. I use Windows Vista; looking in c:/program files/x86/ I found "gpo kp2 library" with several subfolders, including "instruments". I selected "instruments" and did a new vst scan, but I still can't "insert/soft synth/ GPO". I'm relatively experienced in using computers, but this one has me scratching my head.

BTW -- thanks in advance for the help, everyone. I can't wait to get this all up and running so I can get to work!

Maybe try searching for the main GPO folder instead of digging into the various GPO folders.
    Sonar needs to find the .dll. That is what it will run.

Meanwhile -- while trying to fiddle around in GPO Kontakt Player 2, somehow I got it so that instruments are all playing together just within GPO. I add a trumpet to a piano, and somehow they're all playing together. Er... Now what have I gone and done?! Remember, I am a total newbie... I feel rather dull-witted right now!

Hi, welcome 1jkent!

I don't use Sonar either, but I am trying to help you if I can....

what you need to do is look at the extension of drop zone and triangle II, see if you can find them with .dll after the name, once you find the folder that contains those .dll files, you need to find the Kontakt 2 player .dll then copy it, and paste it into the same folder that contains drop zone.dll and TriangleII.dll.

Then rescan, or close Sonar, reboot Vista, and then see if Sonar finds KP2/GPO.

Also, it is a little confusing, but GPO is not listed as GPO, but rather "Kontakt Player 2" or KP2 or something like that. That is because Kontakt2 Player is the name of the sample player (made by Native Instruments).

Dan

DPDAN,

Will GPO be able to find the instruments if he moves the .dll separately from the rest of the folder?

Maybe he should just re-install GPO and target the proper vst folder during the installation?

just move the .dll file that should do the trick also, I am up late and will check back here every few minutes for you

Go Back to forum