• Register
  • Help

Topic: Old PowerMac GPO sessions on Intel Mac

Share/Bookmark

Old PowerMac GPO sessions on Intel Mac

I upgraded to an intel mac.

As I understand it, the only way to use GPO as a plugin on the new machines is Via Kontakt (v2+). I have Kontakt 3 so for new sessions that's no problem.

However, I have hundreds of old sessions that have the GPO plugin in them. Am I right in assuming that the only way to use those sessions on my new box is to recreate each and every instance of every GPO setup via Kontakt?

Re: Old PowerMac GPO sessions on Intel Mac

Quote Originally Posted by mmorasky View Post
    I upgraded to an intel mac.

As I understand it, the only way to use GPO as a plugin on the new machines is Via Kontakt (v2+). I have Kontakt 3 so for new sessions that's no problem.

However, I have hundreds of old sessions that have the GPO plugin in them. Am I right in assuming that the only way to use those sessions on my new box is to recreate each and every instance of every GPO setup via Kontakt?
    Hi mmorasky,

Welcome to Garritan on northernsouds. Unfortunately yes, preset settings (fxb, fxp, and gpo formats) saved from the original Kontakt Player 1 version of GPO are not compatible with Kontakt Player 2.

I can't remember where KP1 locks up (installation, authorization, or plugin load), but if you can copy the .nks and .nki files from your installation CDs and get the product authorized, which can be done from the NEW service center app on native instruments' website (and may not be a necessary step), you should be able to load the individual nki instruments into Kontakt 3.

Reegs

Re: Old PowerMac GPO sessions on Intel Mac

What I did was leave the original KP1 GPO on my machine so I have access to old projects without having to re-construct anything if I go back to do more work.

Randy

Go Back to forum