• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Celebration To Life

Share/Bookmark

Celebration To Life

I just felt in the mood for a little fanfare and celebration since my brother and I have turned the age of 63 this month. Heck, I never thought I would reach half this age.

So, in honor of all Birthdays for any age, here is a little celebration for all. Please give a listen to:

A Celebration To Life

I hope you will enjoy it listening to it as much as I enjoyed writing and engineering it.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Celebration To Life

Great for all birthdays to come!!!! Fun

Raymond

Nice one, Mister Rich! I enjoyed the whimsy. Good job!

I will trade ages with you and give you two bucks to boot.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I'm only 57 and I can really get into this celebration! What a fun piece Rich. I love the double-triplet motif you have in this and the unexpected twists and turns. Quite the colourful orchestration too.

You mentioned that you and your brother are turning 63 this month. Are you twins?--hence the double triplet figure? !!!!!!!

Cass

Rich

Love the opening to this. It is very playful and full of great expectations of things to come.

Very nice piece

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Everything about this track is great. Well done Rich.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Raymond,

Thanks for the comments and yes this was fun to do and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Larry,

Thank you for your comments. They are indeed appreciated. As for trading ages, well maybe but it'll have to include 4 bucks and 2 boots!

I am glad you enjoyed the listen.

Cass,

Are you twins?--hence the double triplet figure?
    Yes we are and identical twins as well. We have had a lot of fun with that over the years.

I can really get into this celebration! What a fun piece Rich. I love the double-triplet motif you have in this and the unexpected twists and turns. Quite the colourful orchestration too.
    Thanks for the comment on the orchestration. Scoring can certainly make or break a piece. I hope my scoring and orchestration helped to clarify the important parts. As for the motifs of the piece, I really was looking for a light, bouncing and energetic idea. I only slowed the idea down in the middle just to give us old timers a little time to breathe.

I am glad you listened and commented. It is appreciated.

Ron,

Thanks for the encouragement. I certainly hoped you enjoyed the entire piece.

Hippie,

Thanks. There were a total of 48 tracks (I think ) and 5 insert busses to get the sound you heard. 27 of the tracks were audio and then I duplicated 21 of the tracks straight through GPO kontakt player in Sonar but offset a bit to not be precisely with the audio tracks (sort of a delay if you will).

I am glad you liked it.

Rich

What a great thread - Great to celebrate the double-whammy birthday, and this music is so fun, so entertaining!

Rich - I know I've never heard anything quite like this from you--I love surprises. You've done wonderful things with this.

The "whimsy" Larry commented on--yes, the perfect word!

Neat!

Randy

Great celebration! I enjoyed this little taste of life.

Hope you have (had) a good birthday.
    Trent P. McDonald

Randy,

Thanks. This was a lot of fun to do and maybe it is a little different than some of my other works. I actually was inspired after hearing the Mendelssohn "Overture to a Mid Summer Nights Dream". The opening section started with a major-minor duality and I just couldn't resist trying something like that myself (without making it sound like Mendelssohn).

I am glad you liked it.

Trent,

I appreciate the comment and hope you enjoyed the celebration.

Rich

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast