• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Topic: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>


  2. #2

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    Wow, that is really beautiful! Such great colors and melody.
    Would love to know those left hand progressions.
    Thanks for sharing his work and creating a wonderful rendering Yudit.


    M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  3. #3

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    Absolutely beautiful! You did it again Yudit. I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on how you find these more obscure composers and how you secure the music. It's always a real treat when you bring us these little gems from forgotten composers of the past. I'm glad you take the time to do so.

    As always, your playing was rich in nuance and expression. You picked the perfect settings on the Steinway software to make this piece shine! Great job!

    Cass

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wilton, NH
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    Another composer I have never heard of... Anyway, this is very beautiful. I enjoyed it and your performance.
    Trent P. McDonald

  5. #5

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    Yudit:

    Very beautiful and dreamy at the beginning. A great following
    contrasting section keeping the "Romantic" style and played with
    much feeling and understanding.

    This piece is an exceptional example of the A-B-A music construction
    and one that should have been popularized when it was first
    created. I can't understand why such a heart-warming piece of
    music hasn't been admitted to the standard piano library.

    Great playing with much feeling and such an awesome piano
    sound. Sounds just like a Steinway D..........lol


    BRAVO,

    Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

  6. #6

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    I love your playing Yudit!

    Dan

  7. #7

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Wow, that is really beautiful! Such great colors and melody.
    Would love to know those left hand progressions.
    Thanks for sharing his work and creating a wonderful rendering Yudit.


    M


    Michael,

    I'm glad you liked the colors, the music and my playing.
    I am enriched by special findings like this piece and
    that's why I like to share them so that others
    can also enjoy and benefit from them.

    You can find out about the chord progressions here: score

    Thanks for listening and for your comments.

    ~Yudit~





  8. #8

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>

    Very pretty, Yudit. The way you resonate with lovely, old fashioned pieces like this comes through so honestly in your renditions. Thank you for this.

    Randy

  9. #9

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>


    Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! You did it again Yudit. I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on how you find these more obscure composers and how you secure the music. It's always a real treat when you bring us these little gems from forgotten composers of the past. I'm glad you take the time to do so.

    As always, your playing was rich in nuance and expression. You picked the perfect settings on the Steinway software to make this piece shine! Great job!

    Cass


    Cass,

    Delighted you found it beautiful, well expressed and shining!

    There are several sites for downloading free scores,
    the main one for me is IMSLP.
    I then print whichever I fancy and play.

    Most times I can know from the first playing
    if it is interesting enough to explore more.
    Some are played and binned... others are replayed but put aside...

    And there are those that I know instantly they are gems!
    I quickly note them down in my notebook of future 'to do's'
    and when one of them keeps on 'playing' in my head
    that's the one I go for... lol

    Thanks for listening and your warm praise!

    ~Yudit~




  10. #10

    Re: <> Martin Easthope <> Evensong <>


    Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Another composer I have never heard of...
    Anyway, this is very beautiful.
    I enjoyed it and your performance.


    Trent,

    It's good to hear that I introduced you to a new composer
    and that you enjoyed his work and my performance.

    Thanks for listening.

    ~Yudit~





Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •