• Register
  • Help

Topic: Movin parts between tracks in Cubasis

Movin parts between tracks in Cubasis

Here is a question for anyone around who still remember Cubasis VST, or older versions of Cubase

I often want to move part of what is played by one instrument to another instrument. This means I have to be able to cut from one track and paste into another. How is this done in Cubasis VST 5.0 (may be the same in Cubase)? I have tried to colour the parts and open them in the same key editor. I manage to cut a part from a track and paste it into another track by using the "Go to" function, but the problem is that I don't seem able to control where it lands, so to say. I would like to have it at exactly the same place in the song, but I can't figure out how this is done. Any suggestions?

Another thing I have been wondering about is whether it is possible to have several key edit windows simultaneuosly open (containing data of different tracks)? Would be easier to distinguish what belongs where.

Re: Movin parts between tracks in Cubasis

Set quantize to appropriate value ( 1/8 or 1/4 note)
    R-click somewhere empty. A menu will appear.
    Select the scissor tool
    Click on either side of the section you want to copy.
    Hold Alt key and drag the cut section to the new track
    R-click and select the glue tool
    Click on the original track to glue it back together

If you screw up, use undo (CTRL Z) and try again

btw - if you copy and paste into a track, it will land on the timeline, wherever the PLAY cursor is. You can type an exact bar and beat into the transport control.

Go Back to forum