• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Topic: Omni Bread & Buddah?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Omni Bread & Buddah?

    Omni-Users,

    I doubt I can get a well informed, genuine, response for this, nor do I think I necessarily should but since Eric-P graces these pages at times I thought I'd ask.

    I'm about to drop some money on some samples for Kontakt/EXS and wanted to know if anyone is aware of any available Omnisphere updates coming soon with some of the more basic necessities ie Grand Piano, VSL type Orchestral patches, more world, etc.

    I can't tell you how in love I am with Omnisphere, I still like the concept of Kore-2 with Komplete 5, and love the standalone / controllability for live settings, but I can also just open up pre-made Omni patches inside of Kore and just tweak them live.

    But...I would so love to only use Omni, she sounds better, somehow fatter, with more presence, than any other plug-in I've used (well with the exception of RMX 1.8 .

    Anyway enough of my schoolboy slathering, thanks for the help.

    big~C

  2. #2

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    I have both Omni and Kontakt. The out of box sounds of omni are superior to the ones you get with Kontakt. The VSL orchestra is good but limited articulation wise and the painos whilst good are not top line. That said Kontakt can import samples and it uses scripting which increases its possibilities ten fold. The patch base with Kontakt is very substantial and there are some wonderful instruments which run inside it - with their own interfaces.
    You can build your own stuff with Kontakt, you can do this with Omni to an extent but you have to use what is givien in the box as a starting block, whereas you could build an instrument from the bark of your dog in Kotakt.

    I have never learnt to script,. and most won't I guess, but it does mean that scripting is open to third party suppliers who can do it for you - dont underestimate the advantage.

    Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

  3. #3

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    I keep thinking how great it would be if Omni could import samples...

    I´m sure third party sample producers would be interested in releasing libraries for Omni, in the same way that there are libraries for RMX.

    It could expand the Omni in a way that Spectrasonics naturally never would get around to doing.

    Just dreaming...

  4. #4

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcohoona View Post
    Omni-Users,

    I doubt I can get a well informed, genuine, response for this, nor do I think I necessarily should but since Eric-P graces these pages at times I thought I'd ask.

    I'm about to drop some money on some samples for Kontakt/EXS and wanted to know if anyone is aware of any available Omnisphere updates coming soon with some of the more basic necessities ie Grand Piano, VSL type Orchestral patches, more world, etc.

    I can't tell you how in love I am with Omnisphere, I still like the concept of Kore-2 with Komplete 5, and love the standalone / controllability for live settings, but I can also just open up pre-made Omni patches inside of Kore and just tweak them live.

    But...I would so love to only use Omni, she sounds better, somehow fatter, with more presence, than any other plug-in I've used (well with the exception of RMX 1.8 .

    Anyway enough of my schoolboy slathering, thanks for the help.

    big~C

    There are a lot of products that cover those needs. I do not believe that is what Omnisphere's mission statement is.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

    www.jayasher.com

  5. #5

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    My GUESS is that Spectrasonics will MOST LIKELY go in the path of importing samples into Omnisphere but it will take some time and in a future Omnisphere version (version 2 most probably which will come out in 2011??).

  6. #6

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    I'd say get stuff for Kontakt right now as I doubt there'll be Omni expansions before Trilian comes out (October) although I'd loved to be proved wrong.

    HOT TIP, by the end of June 30 there's a 50% off on everything at Samplettek, awesome pianos

    http://www.sampletekk.com/

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stoke on Trent, UK
    Posts
    194

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    Hey Big-C,
    how's things?

    Have you thought about Garritan Personal Orchestra? Or Garritan Steinway.

    GPO is a great price and may fit your needs.

    Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

  8. #8

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    Hey Big-C,
    how's things?

    Have you thought about Garritan Personal Orchestra? Or Garritan Steinway.

    GPO is a great price and may fit your needs.

    Neil
    First off thanks to everyone for the feedback, etc.

    I actually use the Miroslav Gold Refill for Reason if I'm really hurting that bad. I just really love using Omnisphere and would love it truly being Omni-everything-I-need. I know it's selfish, I just like keeping everything under one hood if I can, I get tired of having to relearn, Kontakt, Kore, Mach5, Reason, etc. etc. The GPO is a great sounding library though, I almost bought the small Reason Refill. I'll have to check it out again. Thanks for the suggestion.

    My hope is that regardless of whether or not Omnisphere's "Mission" intended to originally cover the basics, the name Omnisphere sort of loosely implies all things to all people for every possibility. And to be honest, it almost is...it just needs a piano....that is not on fire

    Thanks again,

    big~C

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong, CHINA
    Posts
    189

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcohoona View Post
    ...the name Omnisphere sort of loosely implies all things to all people for every possibility. And to be honest, it almost is...it just needs a piano....that is not on fire
    Tru dat.


  10. #10

    Re: Omni Bread & Buddah?

    I agree that Omni is unbelievable and and unparalleled in the industry, no question.
    BUT....It is a huge resource eater. To only use Omni in my opinion would be more limiting in terms of what could be done with Omni in conjunction with other libs.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •