• Register
  • Help

Topic: Video Games Are Awesome!

Share/Bookmark

Video Games Are Awesome!

I have made a rather small collection of video game themes over the last month using GPO. One of them was already shared with you,(Final Fantasy 8 Battle Theme).

Fable: Witchwood Theme

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind; Main Theme

Legend of Zelda

Final Fantasy 8 Battle No. 2

I feel kinda shameful posting and not commenting. Unfortunately with two jobs, I really have little time to myself. Often I only have time to post on a few different things. Considering I also have a semi-popular youtube channel I try to keep up with as well. So I will definitely get in the habit of commenting on others' posts as time permits. At any rate, I thank you for everyone that does comment on my posts, it's always a pleasure!
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Re: Video Games Are Awesome!

I'm not going to lie, based on the title, I was expecting some pretty cheesy stuff, but these are really well made. I like the arrangements, and the rendering is very well done.

I think Zelda and Fable are more convincing than the other two.
    Boz Millar

Hey tuba, indeed they are! Video games are quite awesome

I listened to the Witchwood, Zelda, and Morrowind themes and really enjoyed them. I was particularly impressed with the sound quality of each. When listening to the Morrowind theme, I thought the Bass Drum in the beginning sounded a bit harsh, so...I popped in the Morrowind CD which just happened to be sitting right next to my computer! And I was amazed to hear that the bass drum sounded almost identical to your recording! Kudos!

These are definitely great pieces in their own right, and I think they're rendered beautifully (though I'm not much of a sound techinician )

Thanks for the listen!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by bozmillar View Post
    I'm not going to lie, based on the title, I was expecting some pretty cheesy stuff, but these are really well made. I like the arrangements, and the rendering is very well done.

I think Zelda and Fable are more convincing than the other two.
    I greatly appreciate that thank you. I usually would expect cheesy under the title "Video Game". In fact I used to post cheesy stuff under that title. The Zelda wasn't one of my favorites to do. I particularly enjoyed doing Fable (Danny Elfman), and I definitely enjoyed doing Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hey tuba, indeed they are! Video games are quite awesome

I listened to the Witchwood, Zelda, and Morrowind themes and really enjoyed them. I was particularly impressed with the sound quality of each. When listening to the Morrowind theme, I thought the Bass Drum in the beginning sounded a bit harsh, so...I popped in the Morrowind CD which just happened to be sitting right next to my computer! And I was amazed to hear that the bass drum sounded almost identical to your recording! Kudos!

These are definitely great pieces in their own right, and I think they're rendered beautifully (though I'm not much of a sound techinician )

Thanks for the listen!
    I actually had very little bass drum at the beginning of the Morrowind originally. But when I went back for another listen of the theme, I realized that it was quite bombastic. It took a few tries to get it just right, (and I still feel it could use some tweaking). It just so happens, I am a recording engineer by trade, (also a tuba player), and I have ProTools to help me with the finalizing. lol.

Thank you both for listening, and I'm glad you enjoyed. Feel free to download them if you want.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Very very nice. The sound quality is right on!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

These are all very impressive. Good to see you are still working with GPO.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Hi Tuba,

Very fine work.

Do you do these by ear, or from the score, or are they your own arrangements ?

Best Regards,

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jacksiru View Post
    Hi Tuba,

Very fine work.

Do you do these by ear, or from the score, or are they your own arrangements ?

Best Regards,

Jack
    A little of each. Mostly by ear. Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed!
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Excellent, Tuba! Really fun material realized superbly. These must've been great fun to work on. NEAT that you did it mostly by ear.

I don't remember you saying before that you're a recording engineer by trade--Nice! In your spare time--Ha!--it'd be great for you to share tips for people needing tech assistance here at the Forums.

Thanks for sounds---Maybe I should start playing video games like my lady Kate!

Randy

This is a very nice rendition of these pieces. There is some great composition and orchestration going on in the gaming world and you have done an excellent job in your own presentation.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum