• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2010 and Full GPO Orch and JABB

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2010 and Full GPO Orch and JABB

Can the Aria player distributed with Finale 2010 load all of the instruments from GPO and JABB, or just the ones that come with Finale? If not, then (until Aria is released), how do we use the full product with Finale 2010? If yes, then how is it done?

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Lightbulb Re: Finale 2010 and Full GPO Orch and JABB

Finale 2010 is advertised to have full VSTi functionality: just enter the VST rack and load the Kontakt player.

Re: Finale 2010 and Full GPO Orch and JABB

Quote Originally Posted by mschiff View Post
    Can the Aria player distributed with Finale 2010 load all of the instruments from GPO and JABB, or just the ones that come with Finale? If not, then (until Aria is released), how do we use the full product with Finale 2010? If yes, then how is it done?

-- Martin
    Hello Martin,

The ARIA player distributed with Finale 2010 can play only the Finale set of Garritan instruments. As yet, this cannot play the full GPO or JaBB. We are expecting the release of ARIA with GPO very soon. As Finale 2010 is now fully VST enabled, I would imagine that ARIA with full GPO, when it is released, will be fully compatible with Finale 2010, but this is just my own supposition. ARIA with JaBB will come later.

Presently, using the full GPO/JaBB libraries with Finale 2010 is done by using the existing Kontakt Player 2 (KP2). This should already be present in your Finale VST folder. If, for some reason, it isn't, then just locate the KontaktPlayer2.dll file on your computer and copy and paste this file into the Finale 2010 VST directory. If you want to use the full GPO/JaBB with the Finale Setup Wizard, you will also need to download the following files and place them in the Finale VST folder.

(1) gpofull2instrument.txt file
    (2) GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt

The above files can be downloaded from the Finale website:

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...etail/a_id/644

When all is done as above, you can then use Finale's Setup Wizard to prepare your blank score with all instruments loaded, assigned and everything ready to go. The Setup wizard can be found in Finale at:

File - New - Document with Setup Wizard

To edit an instrument in KP2 go to:

MIDI/Audio - Instruments Setup - VST Instruments

When the 'VST Instruments' window opens, just click the small pen (at least I think it's a pen?) icon to enter the KP2 where you can then edit away.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thank you very much, Michael. That was VERY helpful. I had read a lot of that stuff on the Finale site, but your summary was MUCH better and filled in a lot of missing information.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Michael, just an added word of thanks. Your clear, precise answer also solved one of my long standing problems. So many repsonses, like product manuals, are so loaded with excessive verbage, implied criticism and endless techno babble as to make them useless. You really should hire on as a product writer. Thank you again.

Well thank you Martin and Tom; my pleasure and glad I could help.

Please post back if you need any further clarification.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum