• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tonehammer releases: "Small Epic Percussion"

Tonehammer releases: "Small Epic Percussion"

Welcome to Small Epic Percussion.

A great collection of small orchestral and ethnic percussion instruments intended both to compliment our existing collection of epic drums. We captured the majority of them in the same epic hall and using the same techniques as our Epic Dohl, Tom and other wet libraries, so we think it will mesh well with most of them right out of the box.

It also stands alone as a unique toolbox of under-appreciated but often called-for items, like the tambourine and finger cymbals. We not only went out of our way to capture these instruments as deeply as we could muster, but tried as much as possible to discover new ways of thinking about and playing them. You may notice some unorthodox articulations included with some of the instruments, as well as a few strange combinations and mutations that we hope will inspire you to play and create.

The release includes about 2800 samples of instruments ranging from solo and ensemble claves, vibraslap, sticks, rattles, various shakers, metal rattles and bells. The most comprehensive instruments include large tambourine, finger cymbals, ships bell, concert triangle, native american rabbit skin shaker/hand drum, monkey drum, wooden frog rasps and a bonus section of eerie ambiences.
    Pricing & Availability: Small Epic Percussion is available for download now and has an introduction MSRP of $35, however price will increase to $39 on July 1st 2009.

Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4+/3 full retail version required.

More information, docs and demos: http://www.tonehammer.com/?p=2023

Feel free to check out our demos.

Small Epic Perc Demo 1 (by T.B. Folmann):

Small Epic Perc Demo 2 (by M. Peaslee):

Small Epic Perc Demo 3 (by T.B. Folmann):

Re: Tonehammer releases: "Small Epic Percussion"

Great sounds--as always.

At the risk of sounding like a broken loop... Any discounts for returning customers yet? Now that you have so many products, some sort of 'bundling' seems apropos.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntower View Post
    Great sounds--as always.

At the risk of sounding like a broken loop... Any discounts for returning customers yet? Now that you have so many products, some sort of 'bundling' seems apropos.

That would be nice. Don't get me wrong - I'm grateful that your libraries are already so affordable, and I don't really expect anything beyond that! But the discount calculator isn't much use for those of us who try to keep up as you release stuff. In fact it has the effect of making me want to wait until I have several libraries to buy. I can never quite do it though...

Incidentally, massive thanks for giving this library to some of us for free. The inconvenience in downloading the Circle Bells was hardly significant; it certainly didn't warrant an apology, so this is way above and beyond.

Woodstock, GA

as always, awesome!

Thank you for the nice comments and observations. We understand the notion of further rebate to existing customers, but our e-commerce provider does not have database functionality that provide these options, however we do offer the following:

1. All launch products are sold at 10-15% off in the first week of release.
    2. All products can be combined into bundles using our discount calculator system.

Thx - Troels

Go Back to forum