• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX tracks

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX tracks

Hi

I recently started using stylus rmx however I have come to a problem where I am not able to alling any midi track to the respective channel in rmx. I use Nuendo.

For Eg
    I select kick in track 1 for rmx and got the right patch.........I drag it to the midi track and play it ........it sounds normal........good for me.
    I then select a snare for track 2 and drag it to another midi track and play it.......now the problem is the first midi track (Kick Midi) triggers my second rmx channel (snare).

How can I use my seperated midi tracks to trigger seperate channels in rmx?

Any help???

Re: Stylus RMX tracks

sounds like Nuendo is rechannelizing the miditracks.
    RMX will assign the appropiate midichannels to the notes when you drag the midifile to your sequencer. In Logic i have to set the midichannel of the playbacktrack to ALL to prevent rechannelizing. There is probably a similiar function in Nuendo.

You also have to make sure that you have different channels selected in the Stylus RMX mixer. I think as a default all channels are set to "A" which is channel 1, so you want to change the 2nd channel to "B", third to "C" etc.

Hey Kunalgiri

Go to Spetrasonic site and see this video "Setting up your Host - RMX and Cubase SX"

http://support.spectrasonics.net/ins...ial-videos.php

Best regards
    Bo

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
    You also have to make sure that you have different channels selected in the Stylus RMX mixer. I think as a default all channels are set to "A" which is channel 1, so you want to change the 2nd channel to "B", third to "C" etc.
    No, that's only output channels, has nothing to do with MDI channels.

Go Back to forum