• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee J2 Expansion Pack 1 released!

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee J2 Expansion Pack 1 released!

Scarbee J2 Expansion Pack 1 released!
    464 free samples - 64 MB of sounds!

All registered J-Slap users can now download this cool Expansion Pack for free!
    .................................................. ........................................
    You will get this:

4 Sustained samples: 2 index finger, 2 middle finger, in the style of legendary bassist Stanley Clarke - very hard fingered behind the fretboard

1 Legato-tail for each note
    2 Staccato-releases - index, middle
    1 Grace note - fast up
    1 Trill 1 (The fretbuzz type)
    2 mutes
    40 Fretnoises (from J-Fingered)
    4 Clap (from J-Slap)

Programs:
    J2-Expansion Pack 1 - Studio Bass 1-4 (4)
    J2-Expansion Pack 1 - String Bass E-A-D-G (4)
    J2-Expansion Pack 1 - Composer Bass (1

enjoy

Scarbee

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 11-04-2001).]

Re: Scarbee J2 Expansion Pack 1 released!

Forgot this:

Download size is 21.3 MB (.exe file)

This is great. I am about to purchase J-Slap and anticipate ordering the J-fingered when it is released. I am curious if there is any way to get the expansion pack other than download. Downloading a 20+meg file may not be feasible on my connection speed. Can the expansion pack be purchased on CD for a reasonable fee for registered users? Or will the expansion pack be included in new issues of J-Slap? Thanks!

Please disregard...

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 11-06-2001).]

Hi 88,

I have thought about the possibility od getting the Expansion Packs \"off-line\" and have decided that the Expansion Packs will ONLY be available as registered downloads for the following reasons:

1) The Expansion Packs are special bonus-material to legitimate, registered owners of Scarbee Bass Libraries. NOT for pirates.

2) The manufacturing costs of an \"Expansion CD\" will be to high, since the prize of the CD should be close to \"free\".

3) It is already a bit crazy to give away an Expansion Pack for free, as it take time to sample and program. Spending more time on cover, manufacturing would be \"silly\"

Just a note: Since it takes much more time to make these expansion packs as I first thought, I might have to charge a reasonable sum of money for the next Expansion Packs: \"J1 Expansion pack 1\" and \"J3 Expansion Pack 1\".
    The fact is, that sampling these ex.packs. take time from my work with the commercial products like the J-Fretless, so it is not very \"clever\" business.

But I promished a free Expansion Pack and you\'ve got it...

cheers

Thomas

Fair enough. I\'ll try to find a friend with high speed access that can pull it down for me. Thanks

Just a brief note: The J2 Expansion Pack 1 is an expansion to J-Slap 2 (both Pick ups)

Similar expansion to J-Slap 1 and J-Slap 2 will come in the future.

Go Back to forum