• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Thanks Spectrum

Share/Bookmark

Thanks Spectrum

I have now had time to get deep inside Omnisphere and Trilogy.

I just want to say thanks to Eric and the boys ( & girls?) for setting my imagination free to do what it hears. I cant wait for Trillian and some as more bucks arrive I am going to go straight out and buy RMX.

Omni is a wonderful synth and I am sure Trillian will be too. Very fine samples too.

Very fine work

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Thanks Spectrum

Zero,
    How do you like Trilogy?
    I've read some mixed reviews about it by other users.
    What do you like/don't like about it?

Thanks.

And for those who care, the new product that will replace Trilogy is called "Trilian", not "Trillian". The more people who continue spelling it incorrectly, the more likely others will pick up on it and do the same.

See also: "http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/namm2009-trilian.php"
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Hi Yairhol,

Trilogy is a great all in one bass product. You have Electric Basses, Acoustic Basses, and Synth Basses that all have their own appeal to be used in all sorts of music.

I should also mention that purchasing Trilogy now in 2009 will all you to upgrade to Trilian for free except for shipping fees. Trilogy will run best on a Power PC based Mac or on an Intel/AMD PC on Windows.

For details on the upgrade, please go to: http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/namm2009-trilian.php
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support
    ILIO

Hi Yairhol,
    I do like Trilllllllllllogy (ooops) and its the best bass syth I have tried, however I bought it on the strength that you get the free upgrade to TriLian (LOL).
    The acoustic is very good and so are the electrics, its not multitimbral like omni, but its worth having whilst we wait for TriLien.

I dont really like the 'stacatto' idea (two mappings across the keyboard) cos I just like my notes where they should be in score without tinkering. Trillian also reserves the very uppper velocities for (125-7 if I remember) for lipped notes on some instruments which is a little odd - but useable - if you dont want real pp stuff. But I expect these things to change with omnisphere. The interface is somewaht similar to omnisphere - superficially.

I dont regret buying it, but I can see that Trialian will be a much better product.
    I am going to get RMX and I can see that Spectrasonics is a company to stay with - October should be good.

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Thanks for the input Zero.
    Unfortunately you still mispelled Trilian several times in your last post.
    I suggest you copy paste from now on the name Trilian instead of typing it by hand.

You said that it's the best Bass VSTi that you've used so far. May I ask which others have you tried?

Also, how can you be so sure that Trilian will be a much better product like you've said?

I wonder also how difficult or easy Trilian will be to program.
    I've heard that Scarbee Bass is very easy to use which is a plus. On the other hand I'll need to get a hold of NI Kontakt to play it which is a major turn off.

I'm really not sure if I should get Kontakt (can you buy only the Kontakt player?) and add to it certain libraries which I need (for example Scarbee Bass) or wait for Trilian.

Any other input is welcome.

Hello again,

Well the other bass synths I have tried have all been freebies from KVR and the stuff that comes bundled with Kontakt or from mags.
    If you have the Dosh then Kontakt is definitely a worthwhile investment, its simply the best sampler out there (IMO) because it has scripting capabilities. This does not mean that you have to script, you can, but it also means that third parties can provide scripted (and therefore better) products for you to use - out of the box. It also comes bundled with lots of sounds and has a 64 bit Beta.

Scarbee I have not tried.

I dont like 'synth' bass much, for me the mark of a good bass line comes from the differences in attack of the pick up notes, the lack of machine gun fx, the ability to slide and slur and to do all this easily - without screwing your score. I use Cubase and expression maps gives some advantage here - but thats another tale.

Check out the videos re Trilian and you will see it won't be hard to learn if you have omnisphere already. If you haven't really checked out the omni videos I would say its really worth watching them all at least three times - whilst making notes - to really bed you in with the product.

Zero

Austin (from ILIO), re "I should also mention that purchasing Trilogy now in 2009 will all you to upgrade to Trilian for free except for shipping fees", isn't that offer only for Mac users who have had to use a wrapper on an Intel Mac for quite some time??

I used Trilogy for a few years on a PC, but several months ago switched over to a Mac, and thus met 'the wrapper'. Because of it I have used Trilogy more sparingly since then, as I am not a fan of that approach. But sonically it's excellent so I am sure that the new Trilian will be worth the wait. I suspect it will be somethat like the difference between Atmosphere and Omnisphere.
    I also use Scarbee Black Bass and really like it. What I use depends on the material I'm recording of course, but I suggest that Trilogy is way more versatile simply because it has a greater variety of basses. Both are excellent products though............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

[QUOTE=playz123;622807]Austin (from ILIO), re "I should also mention that purchasing Trilogy now in 2009 will all you to upgrade to Trilian for free except for shipping fees", isn't that offer only for Mac users who have had to use a wrapper on an Intel Mac for quite some time??

The free upgrade to Trilian is available to Mac or PC users that purchase Trilogy in 2009 or for those that bought Trilogy and use an Intel Mac. The upgrade is being handled directly by Spectrasonics so for any questions concerning the upgrade, you would want to contact them directly.

All of the information concerning the upgrade is posted here: http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/namm2009-trilian.php
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support
    ILIO

Hi Austin,
    Of course those who recently bought Trilogy, regardless of the platform, are going to get the upgrade to Trilian for free. But that's not what I was referring to when I mentioned Mac users who bought Trilogy "some time" ago and are currently using the "wrapper". I understood that Spectrasonics announced that those Mac Intel users, regardless of when they bought Trilogy, will get a free upgrade. PC users who have owned Trilogy for some time apparently will not. That was the difference to which I was referring. Hope that clarifies my previous post..........playz

Go Back to forum