• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best Cheap Controller for Drums?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Best Cheap Controller for Drums?

Hi Tom,

I\'ve tried the little Roland unit.
    It\'s nice and sensitive... but prone to false triggering if you hit it hard with sticks. However, it would work fine for light playing (sticks or hands)... or simple overdubs.

Jim Roseberry www.studiocat.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Roseberry:
    Hi Tom,

I\'ve tried the little Roland unit.
    It\'s nice and sensitive... but prone to false triggering if you hit it hard with sticks. However, it would work fine for light playing (sticks or hands)... or simple overdubs.

Jim Roseberry www.studiocat.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jim. Looks like it\'s a DrumKat....

how much do the drumkats go for?

Have you seen any good deals on them?

Best Cheap Controller for Drums?

I spoke with Jim from Purfect Drums and he said that he had used a drumkat successfully with his library...I\'m wondering whether any of you have used the little Roland SD6 or whatever it\'s called....I\'m just trying to find something that will work well without spending a fortune...Drumkat or Roland? Thanks

I just got a Roland SPD-6, and it is a fun unit. It is very responsive when you play it with your fingers, and it has some cool sounds to play with. I\'m not a drummer, so for my purposes, it is more than sufficient. Much better than using a keyboard, IMO, and I play keyboard.

-- martin

Go Back to forum