This is probably a tired old topic, but I'm curious to know what other composers' "go to" tools are.
- What are 3 of your most valuable instruments/samples that you go back to time after time?
- What are 3 of your most used plugins/soundshaping tools?
Also... with lots of amazing new programs/plugins/instruments coming out, it'd be cool to see what people are salivating over most. It seems that everything I want is on the verge, and it's driving me nuts!
-What are 3 products that you are DYING to get your hands on?
Three most used instruments:
1) Stylus RMX. a no brainer. Still such an essential tool, after all these years.
2) Electric Guitars. Such an awesome, authentic sound!
3) ProjectSAM Symphobia. The Multis are freakin' mind blowing, so much fun to play with!
Three most useful plugins/soundshapers:
1) WAVES L2/3 Maximizers. The perfect mix finisher to make sure everything is nice and loud
2) Melodyne. To improve any less-than-perfect performances
3) Altiverb. To put my orchestra in the perfect space.
Three products I can't wait for:
1) Vienna Ensemble PRO. This program will allow me to run my Software Instruments from a slave computer, saving precious resources on my main machine! I'm hoping that it will drastically change my workflow.
2) LASS Strings. I'm a sucker for any new string collection, and even though I probably won't be able to afford it, it will be almost impossible for me to resist
3) Melodyne Direct Note Access. Changing individual pitches from within a recording? BLACK MAGIC! I'll only believe it when the program is loaded right in front of me.
Hope that you share your favorites with the group! Maybe it'll open us all to new products that we don't know about.