• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Digeridoo?

Share/Bookmark

Digeridoo?

That was wierd, for some reason my post got deleted. Just looking for a Digeridoo. Anyone know where I can find one?
    -J

Re: Digeridoo?

Are you looking for samples or do you wish to borrow/buy/sample an instrument?

In the latter case, we have one here at the office.. it belongs to an artist friend of mine, and he can actually play the thing.. well, he can play it for a while until he breaks up laughing.

So.. is there anything I can help you with?

A-

--------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

I just got through a piece in which I used a digeridoo. Found several on the web. Do a search of sites posting soundfonts (e.g., hammersound) and check out the Kurzweil sound sites. There are two or three very usable files out there. However, they are not as articulate or varied as a compilation that you would actually pay for.

clueless

Andrea,
    Thanks for the kind offer. I basically need a 7 second drone in the key of Dmi, so if the Dig you have is close to that (within a m3rd would be preferable), then I could pitch it and it would work out perfectly. I just need a cool sounding drone without breaks; the kind you normally hear from the dig.

If you have the means to do a good recording of it (decent recording space, good mic, decent mic pre, etc), I would gladly pay or return the favor in trade somehow.

If not, I\'ll go with Clueless\' advise.
    Thanks,
    -J

Hey Jamey!

I think BigFish produced an entire Digeridoo library in Akai format

Bills right Jamey. Here\'s the link to the Digeridoo library in akai S3000 format: http://www.bigfishaudio.com/cgi/SoftCart.exe/scstore/dg.html?L+scstore+gdaw5603+1004 719950
    The CDROM looks a little pricey for 199.99 if all you\'re looking for is a drone in D min with a third. Maybe the audio CD for 99.99 might have what you\'re looking for and you could just tweak it in your wave editor to save some dough unless you want a more comprehensive dig library.
    -Damon

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-02-2001).]

Thanks for the tips, guys. I\'m thinking $100 is kinda high for a one time use. If Andrea still wants to help out, I think that\'s my best option.
    -J

Hello again,

the instrument we have is pitched \"around\" C# (with a +/- semitone of range, I think). I\'ll ask my friend about making a few samples. Recording is not a problem, we have four studios and several isolation rooms here, and everything that\'s needed for all of the sound effects, music and voice production for our games. No need to pay or trade.. maybe someday we\'ll need to sample an instrument you have..

I\'ll ask my friend about his availability and I\'ll let you know. If you would, please drop me a line of e-mailand I\'ll let you know privately what\'s going on. Thanks!

A-

IO,

I am a professional didge player, and have an awesome didge that is spot on D. If you send me an mp3 of the part you want didge with, I\'ll record a part and send you the wav file. You can hear the didge in the songs Agave Meditation and Tibetan Meditation at www.mp3.com/starbirth if you want to get an idea of the sound.

I can give it to you at 16 or 24 bit.

No charge.

Just send me an email to mschiff@cdsol.com and we can arrange it.

-- Martin

Hey Martin,
    I really enjoyed your 911 Elegy. That flute is very beautiful and haunting sounding and to me it echoes the voices of those lost in the tragedy even if it was meant to or not, that\'s what it reminded me of. I appreciate the song and was very moved by it being a native New Yorker myself.
    Nice job .

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-03-2001).]

Go Back to forum