• Register
  • Help

Topic: Komplete 5 promo, what's the catch ?

Share/Bookmark

Komplete 5 promo, what's the catch ?

Hello everyone,

You may be aware that Native Instruments make a big promotion for Komplete 5 (basicly komplete for the price of kontakt 3 alone !)...

Call me paranoiac, but what's the catch ? New instruments in september ??? (In other word is NI politics are EWQL (shark) type, or Spectrasonics (nice) type ?)

Thanks for your advice, (and apologizes for my weak english)

Re: Komplete 5 promo, what's the catch ?

I would say nice. They just have crazy great deals once in a while. Something new might be coming out, but you'll get a cheap or free upgrade anaway.
    Stephen Cullo
    www.stephencullo.com
    Composer

My guess is that in a down economy, it is hard to move products so since these are all way past the R&D stage, they are trying to make money by making a much smaller profit but selling a lot more of them.

Economics 101.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

"Economics 101."
    Yes, that's what I suspect too. Many companies are having to reduce prices to keep cash flowing in, so that funds are available for developing new products and to pay staff etc. All the products in Komplete have been around for awhile, and the thinking probably is that it's better to get some money for them now than no money. Great deal for those who don't already have most of the NI software, even if you don't want to use all of it....................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I'm guessing they're clearing stock for K6. K5 for $399 is a crazy-good deal, even if you never want to upgrade.

yep, komplete6 is inevitable but for that price I thought I'd go for it and even if I never upgrade I think I'll get far with those instruments

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    "Economics 101."
    ...Many companies are having to reduce prices to keep cash flowing in...
    Exactly. I think they're calling it a global recession. It's sink or swim time. IK Multimedia has (and is) run a few promotions to get the cash flowin' too.

They had a good special about a year ago and I suspected it was because K6 was about to come out. In hindsight it wasn't the case and I missed out on a good deal. Although K6 may well be around the corner I will be taking them up on this great offer this time. I will also be getting the Kore 2 software edition. I don't really feel that the Kore hardware controller is neccessary for me as my desk is pretty cramped already.

It could be that the amount of return customers (upgraders) has diminished and it's an attempt to get new people in the door.

Cakewalk went back to buy the current version and get the next upgrade for free.
    Once again in that case I think it was lack of returning customers. The lost me with the annual upgrade and then making you pay more for missing an upgrade.

It could be to clear old stock. I know when I installed Komplete, every program had to be updated.

Last night I bought PSP Nitro from audiomidi.com for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Exactly. I think they're calling it a global recession. It's sink or swim time. IK Multimedia has (and is) run a few promotions to get the cash flowin' too.
    IK has a small product line and now they create variations of Amplitube. Their older stuff doesn't really sell anymore. There's basically one developer for Sampletank.

People are always trying to sell off their IK instruments all of the time.

Go Back to forum