• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Any have Native Instruments has Komplete 5?

Share/Bookmark

Any have Native Instruments has Komplete 5?

Native Instruments has Komplete 5 for $399. Seems like a sweet deal. Any use it? Is it worth it? I already have quite a collections of virtual instruments. Such as, all the Spectrasonics VI's, some VSl strings, Ivory, Real Guitar and Strat, Kontakt 2 (not 3) Superior Drummer and a couple of others.

So, opinions?
    Thanks, MATT

Re: Any have Native Instruments has Komplete 5?

Quote Originally Posted by mattdean View Post
    Native Instruments has Komplete 5 for $399. Seems like a sweet deal. Any use it? Is it worth it? I already have quite a collections of virtual instruments. Such as, all the Spectrasonics VI's, some VSl strings, Ivory, Real Guitar and Strat, Kontakt 2 (not 3) Superior Drummer and a couple of others.

So, opinions?
    Thanks, MATT
    $399 is for nothing! I paid £600 for mine. I'd say get it. The library with Kontakt 3 alone is worth it. Battery is a good compliment to Superior. Guitar Rig 3 will be great for your Realstrat etc.. Massive is... well.... Massive! This is a really good deal. Do it! Have it!

K

Thank Kevin,

Good to hear. Now....how to convince the wife I REALLY need it Just kidding

if you need more synthesis options then its a no brainer. reaktor is awesome, and has a user library of thousands of effects, synths, sample slicers, etc etc. also, NI allows license transfer so you could buy this and sell your kontakt license.

That's a great idea about selling Kontakt 2. I didn't know that was a possibility!

Thanks for that. Every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mattdean View Post
    That's a great idea about selling Kontakt 2. I didn't know that was a possibility!
    yeah, of course confirm with NI that it's a possibility.

It's a great deal, I love K5.

wow...thanks for the hint...now this is exactly my price-level.
    seems as if I have to go for that sweet offer...

Might also be worth seeing if you can find someone who'll sell you Komplete 3, then upgrade. NI inexplicably stopped including Spektral Delay and Vokator in Komplete 4 and 5, which were two of my favourite plug-ins.

Whilst Komplete 5 adds a lot of stuff, none of it really compensated for the loss of these two plugs for me. Massive is just a simpler version of Absynth. Elektrik and Akoustik Pianos will be never be my go to pianos. And the included Kontakt library duplicates a lot of stuff where I own the complete version, such as VSL.

Fortunately NI will still issue codes for Komplete 3, so every time I rebuild my machines I install Komplete 3 first, but only tick Vokator and Spektral Delay in the install script. Then I install everything else from my Komplete 5 discs.
    David

I have to say, this deal is killing me right now. I have sworn off new purchases for this year until I get my finances straightened up some more but this is a killer deal. I have to say, I have plenty of software already but more IS more. I've always wanted reaktor, hmmmm....I'll give it till close to the end of the month and see how things are going then I guess.

Go Back to forum