• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonic Implant

Share/Bookmark

Sonic Implant

I've been using the first Giga station 160 since 2000 and have built up a decent sized catologue of original compositions. Using Advanced orchestra samples which I would rate at about a 4 and the stations recording functions have still left me unsatisfied. So in the never ending quest for decent samples I turned to Sonic Implant's strings. The samples are excellent and easy to use, so I ordered their Brass Collection which was advertised as a "Giga sampler" product. After installation, I tried to load a file and lo and behold, the sample will not load into the version of Giga that I have. Rather than return the product, I thought that upgrading to 3 or 4 would solve the problem but of course Giga studio is no longer being produced. If there is anyone who can help me locate either the Giga studio 3 or 4 I would be forever gratefull.
    I can be reached through the forum or by calling me at 678-908-5655.
    Thanks,
    Ron Kidd

Re: Sonic Implant

I'd quite happily sell you my GS3, but I don't think Tascam would give you a license. I don't know whether they had a transfer procedure or not.
    David

( removed dead link )

Try calling this place:
    http://www.scitscat.com/

They often have items not listed. I got 2 GS3 packages from them a while back.

http://www.scitscat.com/p-3281-gigas...4-upgrade.aspx

Just a warning about this. It will not work if you have XPSP3.
    It has to be installed on XPSP2 then you can install SP3.
    Also stay away from using it as a VST host.

There's also Kontakt 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    Google !

http://interstore.com/product/52-204....html?ref=base

Also try calling this place:
    http://www.scitscat.com/

They often have items not listed. I got 2 GS3 packages from them a while back.
    That's a little pricey.

I'm curious as to how much you paid for yours from Scitscat.

My deal was on GS3 Orchestra and in March, 2008.
    The best I'll tell you is that it was so good I had to do it and had to do it twice in one day. I almost did it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    http://www.scitscat.com/p-3281-gigas...4-upgrade.aspx

Just a warning about this. It will not work if you have XPSP3.
    Also stay away from using it as a VST host.

There's also Kontakt 3.
    That $199.xx upgrade isn't so terrible, but I'd rather it was GS3 if I was to want an other one. I'll never go to 4.
    I've thought about the Kontakt 3 crossgrade, since I have a few Kompakt player libs. ... but it's still not that exciting to me.
    I tried the demo a while back and in my opinion it was like a tinker toy compared to GS2, being a tank, and GS3 being the Star Ship Enterprise. :-)

Does anyone here know where or whether I can still buy GVI?

Hey Kip,
    Switch to 64 bit and put some ram in it!

I'm looking for GS4 Orch upgrades, and would sincerely appreciate any leads...we're running low here in L.A. and it's not clear if GG intends on producing any more.

I'm installing GS4 on 64 bit systems with 8 gigs of ram, quad core, have been using x64 but I'm testing it on Win7 RC right now and it kicks @$$! (Win 7 is a free download with a license good until 6/10 BTW and I'll bet with this new Google O/S coming out MS will drop the price from the proposed $50 to nothing by then) Your Vista drivers are supposed to port over to Win 7 without any problems and I'm seeing beta Win 7 drivers at the Mobo sites.

I've got a lot of happy customers replacing 2 and 3 GS3s with one 4 and raving about the performance and stability. Four is far superior to three as it was well beta'd.

Sorry Karl but IMHO your post about preferring 3 over 4 is uninformed. With the 64 bit limitless memory 4 slams 3. I built well over 100 GS3s and I'd replace every one of them with a GS4 given the opportunity...even tho I could do it with a third of the machines...where's the profit in that?
    My customers have come to realize that Giga just sounds great, a lot better than some of the alternatives...and believe me they've tried every danged thing they could find being the Mac loving, PC hating mammals that they are.

My advice is to get a GS4 if you can and get those great libraries back into your palette...but for goodness sakes do it 64 bit!

And BTW, I love me some Sonic Implants/Sonivox!!

Best wishes for success in all you do, jc

I accept with information: It will not work if you have XPSP3.

Go Back to forum