• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Kontakt-GPO

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Kontakt-GPO

    I have finally gotten Cubase Studio5 to recognize and to load via Kontakt 2 JABB and COMB. But for he life of me I cannot get the GPO library into Kontakt. I have tried repeatedly, and uninstalled and reinstalled GPO a number of times; but I cannot get it into the library list of Kontakt. Any suggestions?

    NI, of course, says there is something not right with GPO. I find that difficult to accept since it worked fine before on my other computer.

  2. #2

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Hi, Tom

    With KP2 open, go to the GPO GUI on the left and click info. At the bottom there's a browser to direct KP2 to where the Library is.

    Last time I installed GPO, the instruments ended up in their own folder in my Program Files simply called "GPO Library." That wasn't where I expected them to be installed, but it didn't matter - I just directed KP2 to that folder as per the above.

    Randy

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Tom

    With KP2 open, go to the GPO GUI on the left and click info. At the bottom there's a browser to direct KP2 to where the Library is.

    Last time I installed GPO, the instruments ended up in their own folder in my Program Files simply called "GPO Library." That wasn't where I expected them to be installed, but it didn't matter - I just directed KP2 to that folder as per the above.

    Randy
    Thanks, Randy, but I have searched everywhere I can think of and I can not find "GPO GUI, nor can I find the browser allowing me to direct KP2 to the folder.

  4. #4

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Are you sure you installed the GPO KP2.2.3 update? GPO KP1 won't turn up in KP2.

  5. #5

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Dang - I was hoping I'd saved the day with my earlier reply, Tom.

    OK, maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. I got the picture that you weren't able to load instruments because KP2 wasn't finding the right path for the Library.

    But maybe you mean that you click on an instrument and absolutely nothing happens, no error messages?

    In your original post you said "...I have finally gotten Cubase Studio5 to recognize and to load via Kontakt 2 JABB and COMB..." So I thought you meant that you were opening KP2 in Cubase, and that you could see JABB and GPO in there, but then you couldn't get GPO instruments to load.

    Well I came with visual aids this time, in case that helps. Here's the stand-alone KP2. Garritan Libraries are all listed on the side. If you can't see these GUI's - the Graphical User Interfaces, then you need to click "Browser" at the top of KP2 to display that column.

    If you see GPO, now click "Info" at the bottom right corner. I've circled it. The pop up which you see in the picture comes up. The bottom portion of that is the browser which you use to show KP2 where your library is located - select and go to where you know the GPO folder is on your drive.

    Does that do it for you?



    Randy

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Dang - I was hoping I'd saved the day with my earlier reply, Tom.

    OK, maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. I got the picture that you weren't able to load instruments because KP2 wasn't finding the right path for the Library.

    But maybe you mean that you click on an instrument and absolutely nothing happens, no error messages?

    In your original post you said "...I have finally gotten Cubase Studio5 to recognize and to load via Kontakt 2 JABB and COMB..." So I thought you meant that you were opening KP2 in Cubase, and that you could see JABB and GPO in there, but then you couldn't get GPO instruments to load.

    Well I came with visual aids this time, in case that helps. Here's the stand-alone KP2. Garritan Libraries are all listed on the side. If you can't see these GUI's - the Graphical User Interfaces, then you need to click "Browser" at the top of KP2 to display that column.

    If you see GPO, now click "Info" at the bottom right corner. I've circled it. The pop up which you see in the picture comes up. The bottom portion of that is the browser which you use to show KP2 where your library is located - select and go to where you know the GPO folder is on your drive.

    Does that do it for you?



    Randy
    You met me more than half way, Randy. I open Cubase, hit browser and I see JABB and CoMB and they work fine. But I do not see GPO. I am running Kontakt 2.2.4

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Are you sure you installed the GPO KP2.2.3 update? GPO KP1 won't turn up in KP2.
    Thank you, Nikkie. I am running Kontakt 2.2.4 - could that be the problem?

  8. #8

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    I think for GPO to work you have to load a KP2 version earlier than 2.2.4 first and then load 2.2.4.

    I remember the last time I loaded GPO and JABB, one of them didn't show up until I found the earlier version and loaded it. Then it worked and I was able to load 2.2.4.

    Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

    http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

  9. #9

    Re: Kontakt-GPO

    Hello again, Tom

    Earlier when I made the screen shot, I thought you meant that you had GPO in Kontakt and just couldn't make the instruments load. I wasn't positive, but I thought maybe that's what you meant. Now I understand--you don't have GPO in there at all.

    Nickie and Ron are correct - You need to upgrade GPO, not just Kontakt, and you need to step through the upgrades available at NI. You apparently still have the older version which worked with KP1.

    Randy

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •