• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need GOS Tips

Share/Bookmark

Need GOS Tips

Hello,

I have the Garritan Orchestral Strings and I would like to have some tips with it. How can we have more attack on legato or long bow strings, can we have a longer long bow ? can we have more scale one marcato violins ? Can we x-fade alternate marcato, sautille, long bow and(or) legato violins (very useful to change faster than change patch manually)? I can have a big sound but I would like more possibilities on this fabulous ... wonderful ... string sampler. Maybe will we have some upgrade ? Anyone knows about this ?

Thank you,

Mathieu Laprise

Re: Need GOS Tips

I just recieved my upgrade CD for the 1st and 2nd violin short bowings with extended range today. Garys the man!
    I would like to see maybe an extra addition to the SusViolins with a tad bit slower attack for slower passages. You can actually do this yourself within the giga editor, but I haven\'t gotten around to doing it yet.
    I love the grand detaches more for slow passages and I\'m hoping Jeff finds a way where we can sustain the grand detaches longer through Maestro Tools by loading up the same grand detache in 2 channels and having them crossfade in and out somehow. He said he was gonna try and do this.

you might want to check out the Garritan Orchestral Strings forum section. There is a post started there with a bunch of tips.

As for \"more attck\" do you mean a slower attack or a \"harder\" attack

For Loner attacks if you use the EXP instruments to can start at pp and fade up to ff giving you a longer attack.

for \"harder\" attacks you can layer the short bows on top of the long bows accross GigaStudio ports. This is great for adding \"character\" to the attacks.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

I always use at least 2 separate tracks for each section with one track for long bows and the other for short bows. Many times I use additional tracks for pizzicato and other effects. I use the layering of the short bows on top of the long bows and its easy to change the level between the two when they\'re on separate tracks.

Damon, what do we need to do to get the upgrade CD? I haven\'t sent in my registration card yet--is that what I need to do?

I would email Gary Jamieh or call him.

Go Back to forum