• Register
  • Help

Topic: Glitching/playback problem with Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Glitching/playback problem with Omnisphere

I've got a new install of Omnisphere, and am loving it so far with one exception: there are a few patches that seem to load just fine but will not play back, or will produce sound for a second or so and then hang or glitch. When I load a different patch, everything seems to be fine.

A few examples of multis that produce this effect are Chilling and Episode 5 Memories. I've tweaked my streaming settings and nothing seems to make a difference. It's almost as though something was corrupted in the install.

Anyone have any advice? This is a frustrating fly in the ointment for an otherwise fantastic instrument.

My specs:
    Q9550
    4GB RAM
    Radeon 4870 1GB
    1TB SATA HDD (Omni is installed to this drive)
    500GB SATA HDD
    Windows XP 32-bit w/3GB switch
    Presonus Firepod
    Edirol UM-880
    Cubase 5

Re: Glitching/playback problem with Omnisphere

Contact tech support and they can troubleshoot this problem that's unique to your system:

info@spectrasonics.net

Thanks Eric. Will do.

I was finding this until I realised that Omnisphere likes to finish loading one sample before selecting the next - try slowing down fingers - it might help (?)
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Thanks for the thought, ZeroZero. That thought had occurred to me as well, but the issue occurs only on specific patches and multis, and it happens regardless of how slowly and deliberately I proceed. It really does seem like the result of some sort of corruption, and I am afraid the final solution may be a reinstall.

It just takes so bloody long to reinstall, I was hoping that there was a way to avoid that downtime, you know?

Sympathies - I am going through install hell with RMX - but both products will be worth it I am sure

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

IMHO

After you install Omni or RMX.. bakup bakup bakup.

Way easier to pull the libraries off your bakup than those DVDs, and that is what takes the hours to install.
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

Good advice. Unfortunately, this is with a fresh install, so the backup wouldn't have helped me.

Go Back to forum