• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie help needed with RMX

Share/Bookmark

Newbie help needed with RMX

Solution below or here
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...782#post623782

Hi all - just bought RMX. I have run the install updated everything opened it in Cubase 5 its operational but finds no libraries. Its all authorised.

I have checked the knowledge base article http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=44 and followed the instructions.

I am running in 64 bit.

My VST is in C: programfiles\steinberg\VSTPlugins mine. I can see the RMX dll here.

My core dbs are in E: Samples\ Spectrasonics\ RMX\ SAGE\stylus RMX\ Core library
    My xpansions are in E: Samples\ Spectrasonics\ RMX\ SAGE\SAGE libraries\EXP LIbraries

(this looks a bit odd to me)

I can here see a backbeat library db and a bonus library plus order.txt ( I have only installed one xpansion). I can see the fourteen dbs in the core library.

I have two Spectrasonics directories (plus the Spectrasonics samples directories). One is for x86 (32 bit apps) and the other for 64 bit ( I presume). I think this is because I own omnisphere and Trilogy.

I have put a SAGE shortcut in both - to make sure. My RMX is in Program Files (the 64 BIT version)

Still no grooves are showing in RMX!

I really would appreciate any help as Spectrasonics are closed the weekend and I was really looking forward to using it

thanks all

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Newbie help needed with RMX

This is really getting weird now. If I replace the 64 bit Dll with a 32 bit dll - everything works (though VST bridge or JBridge) all directories are found. If I put back the 64 bit dll it goes wrong again.

Le plot is thickening Nest Pas?

I did conteplate a reinstall (as I opted to install both 32 and 64 bit dlls which maybe was a mistake??) , but I could find nothing to remove in Add Remove programs - so chickened out.

I got it all working in J bridge mode - but I am clueless as to what is going wrong with the 64 bit app.

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

OK so I am talking to myself here - but this RMX is good!!!

Does not seem to work with latest update.

Ive checked all the options I can think of but latest 1.8 update does not find the sage libraries even adfter deleting and refinding. 1.7f update works

Smile Re: Newbie help needed with RMX

Hi,sorry,was tied up in a session. btb I had almost an similar experience especially the confusion with x86 folder content in the 64 bit OS! In my case the degree of chaos was rather higher due to my dual boot set up(XP32/Win 7 64) where I had almost gotten into things like one SAGE each for the 32/64.Then I tried using the location of SAGE (32) as common for the dual boot and it worked I suggest a reinstall of RMX making sure you wipe out all traces of any SAGE clones that may happen to be hiding somewhere in the Hard Drives.
    I hope this helps and meanwhile I`ll check out my system and see if I could give you some concrete suggestions.BTB are you on dual boot?
    Best Regards
    Dr COMP

oops! I noticed your specs after posting my reply. but then I`m pretty sure that having just one SAGE location should resolve your present crises
    Dr COMP

Thanks for the input Dr Comp will post back here when I have run a few tests I notice that I also have four rmx dlls. Basically its about identifying which dll is the 64 bit one and 1.8, and also making sure you have one Sage folder and that the shortcut is pointing to this one sage folder - I erm think.

Zero

I solved this one and am running the 1.8 64 bit update succesfully.

Its VERY easy to go wrong at install.

I posted the solution and method in a new post here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...782#post623782

Go Back to forum