• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase and GPO - more than 16 midi Channels

Share/Bookmark

Cubase and GPO - more than 16 midi Channels

Hi all,
    the is my first foray into GPO. I never thought it would be so much fun. I am up to about 10 midi tracks and i know I can have 120 or something, how do I get/use/assign more? I could not find any documentation telling me how to do it either. I am using cubase SX2 on Vista64.
    Thanks in advance

I love seeing what everyone is doing with GPO - it's so inspiring. An old friend and I decided to make a very short film for his boys. I wrote the script and am working on the score - putting the themes together now and will put the whole thing together when I can sync it with the film. http://wizardandwarrior.com/. I don't read or write music (although I will learn), I just hear it and these tools make is possible for me to get it out of my head.

Re: Cubase and GPO - more than 16 midi Channels

You can use 16 midi channels for each instance of GPO-KontaktPlayer2. You can assign each midi channel to a different instrument or make ensembles assigning to multiple instruments the same midi channel.
    If you need more than 16 midi channels (for an large orchestra work you will), just insert a second GPO-KontaktPlayer2 instance. Now you have 16 midi channels more to use in the same way you did with the previous ones. More channels? Insert another instance, so 48 channels, etc.
    Just be aware that each time you insert an instance of GPO-KontaktPlayer2 you are using memory of your machine, so, insert the ones you need only, to keep things running ok.
    Good luck with your composition and i wish this inspires you to learn some basics in the music reading. That will help you a lot when composing.

Best regards.
    Marcelo Colina

Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know.
    As far as reading music, I definitely want to learn that as well as some music theory so that simple things like chord changes won't be such a mystery.
    Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielT View Post
    Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know.
    As far as reading music, I definitely want to learn that as well as some music theory so that simple things like chord changes won't be such a mystery.
    Thanks again for your help.
    For a free and well-written introduction, start here:
    http://musictheory.net/

Go Back to forum