• Register
  • Help

Topic: anybody has experience with the Wuzik synth?

Share/Bookmark

anybody has experience with the Wuzik synth?

I've noticed that this is part of a group sale... I listened to some individual acoustic patches, and it was ok, but I have stuff like that... I'm just wondering if somebody who has used this program can speak on what are the advantages.... Thanks in advance...

Re: anybody has experience with the Wuzik synth?

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro View Post
    I've noticed that this is part of a group sale... I listened to some individual acoustic patches, and it was ok, but I have stuff like that... I'm just wondering if somebody who has used this program can speak on what are the advantages.... Thanks in advance...
    Wusik? You could ask your question in the dedicated Wusik support forum at kvraudio.com. You'll probably get more info and opinions from users there. (Just a tip btw, not a "redirection".)

I know about that forum Pekadan, but it's kinda like going to the vsl forum and asking if vsl is any good... From the lack of responses I have a feeling that it's ok if you have nothing else but most people don't get it cause they already have stuff that fills the niche that wuzik fills... At least that's my interpretation...

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro View Post
    Advantages for what?

It can be accused of being a rompler but it is a synth.
    I own it and am a Wusik member. The library can get pretty huge. The membership which is like $10 a month, comes with a bimonthly magazine and more sounds and more stuff like EVE.

I believe the developer is a member of this site (WilliamK ?)and another so is another person involved with Wusik. (Karmacompose ?)

Support is great if you have problems especially if you use the KVR forums. It's always in development. Doesn't seem to tax the CPU. It also disk streams.

If you are a user who only likes to load patches then you short change what it can do. The manual is excellent. The GUI makes it easy to use for a novice making synth sounds.

I'm starting to mess with it more. You can load your own wavs and mess with it some more.

For $59 it's a very huge app with a lot of capabilites. My biggest regret is that I have owned it since V3 and not taken the time to explore it to all ends.

It depends on what you want to use it for. Check out the youtube videos.

To add a little to what kitekrazy posted... it's described as a hybrid, vector/wavesequencing synth... And that's really it's strong suit, and is very powerful in that role. If you need a synth engine that can do what made synths like the Prophet VS and the Korg Wavestation popular, then you need this synth.

Read the "November 2004 - Remix Magazine" overview from here:
    http://www.wusik.com/w/pressreviews.html

That should give you a very basic overview of it's core synthesis features in one paragraph. Of course, that was written 5 years ago.

I would not buy Wusik as a rompler. You could certainly use it for that, now that it has disk streaming, supports SFZ multisamples, etc., but I think there may be better rompler products out there (in terms of platform stability, availability of high quality content -- e.g. acoustic instruments, etc.).

For the group buy price it's an absolute bargain for what you're getting in quality (and quantity).

Wusik certainly gives you quantity: umpteen thousands of sounds for a bargain price. But I'd rather have a few hundred top quality sounds and pay more.

Then there's the whole Wusik community thing. It's like joining the Moonies. Lots of remote-control fanbois.

Thanks guys for the additional comments... I will consider it and watch youtube videos to see additional capabilities, much appreciated...

Go Back to forum