• Register
  • Help

Topic: Full orchestral scores from film available in LA?

Share/Bookmark

Full orchestral scores from film available in LA?

Hey all,

Is anybody aware of any full orchestral film scores that are available for public viewing in Los Angeles? Supposedly the USC library has Elmer Bernstein and James Newton Howard collections that I'd love to check out. Is there anything else out there?

Thanks,

Bond6007

Smile Re: Full orchestral scores from film available in LA?

You should contact to Joanne Kane music service at Culver City. They are music prep company, but has huge archive. They are very understanding about the need for study of film and tv scores.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Re: Full orchestral scores from film available in LA?

You could check out the Hal Leonard John Williams Signature Series. They are slightly arranged versions, but match the soundtracks pretty closely. They aren't directly from the film, but I was looking at the Star Wars Suite book and the four pieces match the commercial soundtrack I have very well. They have them for many of his pieces. I don't know how much else is out there from other composers as I'm not in LA (yet).

--Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-P View Post
    You should contact to Joanne Kane music service at Culver City. They are music prep company, but has huge archive. They are very understanding about the need for study of film and tv scores.
    Good to know. What do they charge for score study?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbat View Post
    You could check out the Hal Leonard John Williams Signature Series. They are slightly arranged versions, but match the soundtracks pretty closely. They aren't directly from the film, but I was looking at the Star Wars Suite book and the four pieces match the commercial soundtrack I have very well. They have them for many of his pieces. I don't know how much else is out there from other composers as I'm not in LA (yet).

--Richard

Yeah I have the signature series and they're nice, but I'm looking for the real thing - particularly by composers not named Williams.

Free, basically.
    You call them. And if they are cool, you go to their office in Culver City and spend time in the big storage room.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Go Back to forum