• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reached a milestone with my musical

Thumbs up Reached a milestone with my musical

Today I totally completed the piano/vocals for my new show, Rivertown.
    The orchestral scores are nearly done, but I will be tweaking off and during July. Tomorrow I hand over the piano/vocals to the pit director and pit pianist. The piano vocal score ended up being 199 pages long.

I bought a Brother HL-5250 DN laser printer for duplex printing and networking. It is an awesome printer. I am using 28 lb. paper for these scores and they look great. I took the completed scores to Staples and had them bind them with the spiral wire binder things. They look great.

I will also be printing out the legal size orchestral scores on it as well.

The first official rehearsal with the cast is on Thursday. The kids will get lead sheet versions of all of the songs. I may attend the first part of it, talk to the kids a little, take photos for the web site and then get out of the way for the director. They will have a couple more rehearsals this summer, then 4 - 5 days a week when school starts in the middle of August.

It is SO nice finally being "almost" done. Looking forward to seeing the show come to life on stage in October. A few in my area mentioned that they might be coming. Tickets are now on sale for the six performances. You can buy them online through a link on my Rivertown web site.

MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Reached a milestone with my musical

Congratulations.... and I will have a look at your new printer (also need a new one). Nice to hear that all things are going well.

Go Back to forum