• Register
  • Help

Topic: Changing the feel in Cubase quantize?

Share/Bookmark

Changing the feel in Cubase quantize?

Was watching the 'Changing the feel' movie. It was amazing to see this awesome tool RMX changing so quickly to various 4,6, 8 note grooves.

Unfortunately I do not own logic but Cubase. The Quantize menu in Cubase is entirely different. As I do not know what the Logic quantize selections really do I cannot work out how this is changing the RMX groove.
    I realise that there is now a Time button in RMX which makes these changes available by other means, but what I have heard is less convicing to my ears. This might be because the elements used were less suitable to time signature change, or it might be that the multi used in the movie was excellently suited for the purpose.
    I frequently work in time signatures such as 12/8 and I am not averse to 7/4 at times.
    Still making my way through the tutorials of course, but I wonder, whats the aurally best way to customize timing in Cubase/Stylus RMX1.8?

Gurus, anyone?

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Changing the feel in Cubase quantize?

All of the identical Logic feels are available in Time Designer. Everything you saw in the video and much more is possible with Time Designer.

Watch the Time Designer tutorials again and you'll see. :-)

Re: Changing the feel in Cubase quantize?

Thanks Eric thats good news
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum