• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Valse Macabre"

Share/Bookmark

"Valse Macabre"

This is a simple, 3/4 piece that I wrote this morning for the GPO harpsichord. Its title is "Valse Macabre". Here is the link for that version. Caution! The gain is high!

I also wrote a version for the Garritan Authorized Steinway piano which you can hear here.

Regards to all,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Valse Macabre"

I haven't even had my first cup of coffee and you wrote and recorded this piece!?!? You need to slow down Larry cause I am not speeding up.

Now as for your new music, you have stayed true to form and have done another nice piece. My 8 year old came in and listened and he said he liked it so you get a 2 for 1 today from me....and Little Bubba.

Well done Larry.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Well, if Bubba likes it then I am on the right track, I reckon. Tell Bubba thanks from old man Larry, if you will.

Thanks to you also, Mister Aram, for listening.

Best Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Those jolly zombies

Greetings to you, Larry,

Raymond

...and greetings right back to you, Mister Raymond in tulip-land.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Wow Mr. A--You have some VOLUME on that Harpsichord track. I enjoyed it - but don't you know it drives me CRazy when people say, "Here, I whipped this out over morning coffee." HOOoow in the world? This would take me a week to put together, but then it still wouldn't have that inimitable Alexander touch. Hats off to you!

Randy

Thanks for the info on the harpsi volume. I have written a caution in my original posting.

I compose using "stream of consciousness", all in one session, usually without stopping. I've always written that way. The harpsi version required about an hour and the piano rendition about twice that long because of inserting dynamic controls and tweaking.

Many thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, Mister Randy.

Take Care,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    This is a simple, 3/4 piece that I wrote this morning for the GPO harpsichord. Its title is "Valse Macabre". Here is the link for that version. Caution! The gain is high!

I also wrote a version for the Garritan Authorized Steinway piano which you can hear here.

Regards to all,

Hello Larry;
    That is dynamite!! I have listened to both versions. Thanks for sharing, it really rolls!!
    Regards,
    S.

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it, eh.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very nice Larry. Over my coffee I might have one or two measures worked out....
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast