• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kabul Suite

Share/Bookmark

Kabul Suite

I have been using GPO for about 4 months and am having a great time!
    Here is the link to Kabul Suite Pt 1 - "Call to Arms". There are 12 parts to the Kabul Suite and I hope to post links to a few more.

Kabul Suite Pt 1 "Call to Arms" http://www.box.net/shared/y6jma1e9xz
    Last edited by sd cisco; 07-15-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Remove line about Kabul Suite - Pt 2 - Strangeland

Re: Kabul Suite

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    I have been using GPO for about 4 months and am having a great time!
    New member? Welcome. What an entrance! This is great music. The tension, orchestration, the theme, etc.... You did a wonderful job. You repeat the same motif/theme over and over again, maybe use some other instruments (or adding others) for a more dynamical emphasis and variation. Now you change to another setting... yes I am listening to it the third time while writing.... all I can say, it is great.

Raymond

Talk about a killer first post. This is a fine track, I will be watching for your others.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    New member? Welcome. What an entrance! This is great music. The tension, orchestration, the theme, etc.... You did a wonderful job. You repeat the same motif/theme over and over again, maybe use some other instruments (or adding others) for a more dynamical emphasis and variation. Now you change to another setting... yes I am listening to it the third time while writing.... all I can say, it is great.

Raymond
    I am most grateful and honored for your comments! I did not know what to expect here and am as pleasantly surprised as I was when I first tried the GPO - one detail I omitted in my initial comments was that I did use vocal elements from the Miroslav PhilharmmoniK (sp?) - they were a free download.
    Thank you!

Hello and welcome to The Listening Room, sd cisco!

What a spectacular debut! There are intricacies in your orchestration and realization which are way beyond what most people can achieve after using GPO for only 4 short months.

Thank you for letting us hear!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Talk about a killer first post. This is a fine track, I will be watching for your others.

Thank you for listening and the positive feedback! I am happy to join the GPO community and will continue my activity here. I am still in a steep learning curve when it comes to orchestrating. I have composed music since I was a kid and always dreamed of getting something played by a real orchestra. I used synths of all kinds over the years, but this VSTi technology, coupled with a good host app, I am using Cubase 4, provides a way to give voice to the ideas, which until now, could not be adequately expressed. I will continue to upload and provide links to other parts of the Kabul Suite, there are 12 parts altogether.
    Thanks again!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello and welcome to The Listening Room, sd cisco!

What a spectacular debut! There are intricacies in your orchestration and realization which are way beyond what most people can achieve after using GPO for only 4 short months.

Thank you for letting us hear!

Randy
    Randy, thank you so much! I know I have a lot of catching up to do on this site, just about everything I have listened to so far has blown me away!!
    Kind regards!
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post

Raymond
    Raymond;
    I just visited your website and heard Sonata - 1. Wow!! Now your comments above have gained considerable weight! You are an accomplished and sensitive musician and I am honored to be in your company. I will listen to more, but what I heard was exceedingly fresh and effervescent - sparkling really! Fine work!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Raymond;
    I just visited your website and heard Sonata - 1. Wow!! Now your comments above have gained considerable weight! You are an accomplished and sensitive musician and I am honored to be in your company. I will listen to more, but what I heard was exceedingly fresh and effervescent - sparkling really! Fine work!

S.
    Likewise yours music. If you can do it listen to the second part of my Symphony. It is repeating a theme over and over again, everytime with different instrumentation building up to a climax. The score is also there. Then you know what I meant in my comment of adding some instruments everytime you repeat that great theme/motif.

Raymond

Welcome to the forum. Nice Intro to your suite (as well as to the forum) - builds a lot of tension.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast