• Register
  • Help

Topic: Odd drag and drop behaviours in Cubase 5

Share/Bookmark

Odd drag and drop behaviours in Cubase 5

I have some odd things going on in Cubase 5 when I drag and drop. I should say that none of them are show stoppers, but they are peculiar.
    When I first drag and dropped Cubase would give me two instrument tracks. Instrument tracks are not desirable as they are not mutlitimbral and do not allow the use of the instrument rack - they compel the use of one RMX instance per instrument track rather than one per six parts.

I found part of the solution in Cubase 5 Preferences by unchecking MIDI/MIDIFILE 'Import to instrument track'.

However Cubase still creates two midi tracks - why?? The first track is simply called MIDI. This contains the midi data in a part (and the name of the MIDI part is 'MIDI'. The second midi part is named (correctly) after the part name, but this track contains no part at all and seems redundant.

Obviously there are work arounds (deleting tweaking and moving parts), but I was wondering if other Cubase 5 users have this problem? The host specific video uses SX3 where this does not appear to happen.

If anyone knows how to get rid of the creation of two parts problem, could they post here please.

PS I am really impressed by this phenomenal program I am going to use it lots!

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Odd drag and drop behaviours in Cubase 5

You also have to uncheck the preference above that one, it's called 'Auto Dissolve Format 0'.

Thanks BBB that was not so obvious ( ) !

Got it working nicely now thanks to you

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

BBB do you know how to resolve this?

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...122#post624122

thanks

Go Back to forum