• Register
  • Help

Topic: Automating in RMX VST in Cubase 5

Share/Bookmark

Automating in RMX VST in Cubase 5

I have been watching the host specific video for Cubase. The video was made using Cubase SX3. I am using Cubase 5.

I have been trying to automate the mixer parameters in RMX from within the VST window.

On the video the guy goes to the VST instruments folder, selects the RMX folder, hits the write button and then he can automate not only the level slider but also the pan and the auxillary sends - for any channel.

In Cubase 5 things seem to be different. If you go to the VST Instruments folder, open StylusRMX, two (other) lanes open, one for volume and one for level. If you write enable these lanes then obviously it is possible to record the level slider movements in RMX, but not pan and auxillaries. I am aware that you can open further automation lanes, but this would be a bit of a hunt around to do this all the time - as you would need to know which lane each control responds to and set these up manually for 48 controls.

There is no button to enable write to all parameters with one click?

Is there a solution please?

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Automating in RMX VST in Cubase 5

I think I have solved this one - at least to a degree - using the read alll and write all buttons at the top of the track section

Spectrum - things are very different now in Cubase 5 than they were in SX3 Host specific tutorial.
    To get the functionality of the video two preferences need to be set (see other recent posts) and the read and write all buttons at the top of the track list need to be used. If you dont know this then the tutorials wont work.

Dont want to create unecessary work but an update to the tutorial could be helpful to others

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

You can use the Write button on Stylus RMX itself, it's the easiest way, IMHO.

So, obvious BBB! I dont know why I did not think of that??!!

thanks

Zero

Go Back to forum