• Register
  • Help

Topic: New here and to everything Garritan

Share/Bookmark

New here and to everything Garritan

Hello all, I relly dont know anything about these garritan products so, i have a few questions, hope you dont mind.

1. will GPO run on an IMac Intel.
    2. will GPO or GPO ARIA run inside Sibelius 6, tutorials only cover version 3 so no help there.
    3. On reading the tutorials for GPO in sibelius extra text has to be placed after expressions for changes in volume, so with regard to something like Cres. will GPO automaticall increase volume or will i need to make multiple inserts up/down to the volume required, so for example if pieces is play in "P and need to go to PPP" will it do it gradually or would I put to more volume setting in the middle of the two expressions.
    4. Is the GOS product still available as i can see it anywhere on the site and how does it compare to GPO

many thanks

Libitina

Re: New here and to everything Garritan

Hi, libitina

It's good to have this question here on its own thread so people can notice it and give you some responses. I know you also have these questions on the other GPO4 thread, but they're not apt to be seen over there.

We'll need some folks who are in-the-know to answer some of your questions, but here's what I can reply to:

"...will GPO or GPO ARIA run inside Sibelius 6...?"

Garritan has worked directly with Sibelius to give notation users better instruments to work with, so GPO continues to be not only compatible with Sib, but to provide the program with some of its most important instrument sounds.

"...if a piece is playing 'P and need to go to PPP' will it do it gradually or would I put to more volume setting in the middle of the two expressions..."

I believe the bridge between dynamic markings like that needs to be hairpins. Don't forget that if you find yourself needing to add more markings in a score than are desirable for the print out, you can hide the ones needed just for a better playback.

"...Is the GOS product still available as i can see it anywhere on the site and how does it compare to GPO..."

I actually already answered this on the other thread before you re-posted these questions:

No, GOS is not available. There are plans to upgrade it so it can also play inside Aria. GOS, Garritan Orchestral Strings was a high-end Giga library aimed at the pro market. It hasn't been sold for a number of years now. The string samples in GPO were culled from that collection.

Now - Other people need to see your post and answer the other questions which I'm less sure of the answers.

Randy

Hi Libitina and welcome to one of the best forums I've ever been to. This place has educated me about virtual instruments, recording, notation, mixing, mastering and life in general -with such a kind and friendly manner and deep information and experience that I will be forever grateful to it for expanding my world while keeping me grounded. There is such a wide range of experience here and such deep knowledge and care that it is an example other forums can only aspire to.

Welcome and have a great time!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
    Hi Libitina and welcome to one of the best forums I've ever been to. This place has educated me about virtual instruments, recording, notation, mixing, mastering and life in general -with such a kind and friendly manner and deep information and experience that I will be forever grateful to it for expanding my world while keeping me grounded. There is such a wide range of experience here and such deep knowledge and care that it is an example other forums can only aspire to.

Welcome and have a great time!
    Thank You ............. What a lovely welcome.

Lib

Hello Libitina.

A warm welcome to our forums.

I am unable to answer your questions fully as I use a PC and I use Finale 2010. However, I can confirm that GPO most certainly will run in Sibelius and there are Sibelius users in our forums who, I'm sure, will be only too pleased to help with GPO/Sibelius questions.

Regarding your question about expressions and volume, as Randy explained you will need to place your expression followed by a hairpin then the expression you want to cresc or decres to eg p < f This works the same way in Finale.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hi Libitina.

I am using GPO with a Mac Intel 8-core and it works just fine.
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

Go Back to forum