• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Are there plans for releasing Stylus RMX 2.0?

Share/Bookmark

Are there plans for releasing Stylus RMX 2.0?

Hi,
    Would like to know if this is in the making.

Thanks.

Re: Are there plans for releasing Stylus RMX 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Hi,
    Would like to know if this is in the making.

Thanks.
    What would you want that to have?

Don't get hung up on version numbering. Spectrasonics just released a major free update to Stylus with Time Designer. They could have easily named that version 2.0, so the name is rather insignificant.

There are hundreds of plans for future features and versions of all Spectrasonics instruments. We plan to grow and improve them for quite sometime. :-)

I'm asking this because I was thinking of purchasing Stylus RMX but I hate purchasing a software that in a short while gets its GUI changed and then I need to start learning the software again (learning curve goes up again) or maybe there's a new release that costs money to upgrade from my newly purchased but now outdated version.

Hi Yairhol, I am mind reading here, and Spectrum has already replied, but I scent that all the Spectrasonics stuff will become more like the Omni GUI.
    RMX is fabulous already and shares quite a few features, but there are some that could be improved like the browser - if this was like omni it would be better.
    Big update due in October - inc 64 bit Omni and Trilian

all IMHO

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

I don't GUI changes will be drastic, Omnisphere built very naturally off of the Stylus browser, so if you get Stylus now the next one I'm sure will improve the interface but not be a complete redesign ... Omni's interface is great!

I also can't wait for the next stylus ... I have plenty of ideas on how to improve it and make it even more amazing, but I can't remember them all now ... When someone starts a thread for new stylus ideas I'll post there

RMX is actually a breeze to use-why would that ever change? Comes with a ton of great tutorial videos too. Go and get it-its the natural companion for Omnisphere!

I would say one thing that needs to happen is the ability to use kit mode and multi mode simultaneously. Stylus goes all glitchy if I bring up two instances ... what if I want to make beats along with a cool loop

Also new loops for the new stylus should have separate, solo-able parts, so i can take out the shaker sound of a loop but keep the other parts, for instance.

Not that I don't love Stylus! Just ideas for the next gen

Quote Originally Posted by truelight View Post
    ...Also new loops for the new stylus should have separate, solo-able parts, so i can take out the shaker sound of a loop but keep the other parts, for instance...
    You can already do that using edit mode for that particular part. Just isolate that slice and mute it.

Quote Originally Posted by truelight View Post
    I would say one thing that needs to happen is the ability to use kit mode and multi mode simultaneously. Stylus goes all glitchy if I bring up two instances ... what if I want to make beats along with a cool loop
    I am using 4 RMX instances in my autoload song. 2 in Loop mode for drums and percusssion, one in kit mode and one for soundmenus.
    No glitches here. Maybe its something in your system. Better check with support!

Hans

Go Back to forum