• Register
  • Help

Topic: More grooves?

Share/Bookmark

More grooves?

I was wondering if there are any more quality groove collections.
    I am thinking Jazz and Latin,
    I think that Eric used a Jazz groove in a video (cant remember which one maybe a time tutorial) I think I saw Ilio in the read out. When I went to there site I could not find it.

Who are the big players here?

Anyone please

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: More grooves?

BigFishAudio has some great Rex-libraries, some of which are already prepared to import automatically in RMX.

For "Jazz" (in a broad sense) I can really recommend NuJazz and Retro Funky Breaks. Great live playing by renowned musicians and also in the rhythm department you get enough variations to get you through a whole song arrangement.

I don't have Jazz Drums and Jazz City, but judging from the other titles I suppose they're also great.

"Latin Jazz" is produced by Pete Escovedo. The playing is absolutely top notch and groovy, but unfortunately there aren't many variations in the construction-kits. What you get is mainly the whole band playing in full blast. This makes the package not very usable for composing an entire song, as the chaos designer in RMX won't bring you authentic intros, fills etc.

As for authentic Latin Grooves "Beats Working in Cuba" by Zero-G is hard to beat, but you have to prepare the files with Recyle to import them into RMX, as they come as wav-files and Kontakt/Intakt-patches. The recycling is quite some work, but the results are worth the effort IMHO.

Esoundz has some pretty cool jazzoriented stuff in RMX format including loops from Steve Gadd and Danny Gottlieb.

The Jazz grooves in the videos come from the Hurricane Katrina benefit project we did a few years back called "New Orleans Strut", which is available as a download directly from Spectrasonics:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/neworleans/

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    The Jazz grooves in the videos come from the Hurricane Katrina benefit project we did a few years back called "New Orleans Strut", which is available as a download directly from Spectrasonics:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/neworleans/
    Thanks for the reminder: I will finally get this fine collection. The good cause which it is supporting, should also not be forgotten, just because it's out of the headlines.

Eric, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention; I was completely unaware of this groove collection and the benefits a purchase will provide to the innocent victims of Hurricane Katrina. Canadians have recently become even more aware of what happened because of (renovation and building guru) Mike Holmes', (along with Brad Pitt) recent six part TV special on helping rebuild homes in NO, and additional donations have also been made because of that series. Blessings...................playz

PS: The server from which the files are downloaded seems incredibly slow right now (about 70 kB/sec) even with a very high speed connection, so maybe others have also found your post of interest
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum