• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New Harry Potter - B-Roll 1,2,3

Share/Bookmark

Re: New Harry Potter - B-Roll 1,2,3

VERY (interesting)

Awesome!

Sure makes me want to work in the movies... as an actor or director at least
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Does anyone else agree with me when i say "wow, the harry potter series really did cast an absolutely fantastic actor for the principle role".....

he cant even run properly.

Every now and then my brother goes on about how anyone can act as well as the 'stars' do. that its not hard at all. Generally I disagree with him, as i have seen much worse actors during my time working with media school students, but he might have a point after all...when it comes to Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    Does anyone else agree with me when i say "wow, the harry potter series really did cast an absolutely fantastic actor for the principle role".....
    Judging by attendance to the films I'd guess that very few agree with you.
    Also, I've never imagined that there was a proper way to run, but I suspect they probably teach it in college somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    Every now and then my brother goes on about how anyone can act as well as the 'stars' do. that its not hard at all. Generally I disagree with him, as i have seen much worse actors during my time working with media school students, but he might have a point after all...when it comes to Potter.
    Yeah, that came to my mind as well... Watching something like this, it definitely makes acting look like something anyone could do, it often sounds like they're just reciting their memorized lines. For Potter-level acting, yes, I'd say anyone could do it, as long as they get past the initial stage fright. And I think a lot of movies are on Potter-level, and anyone could act in them (though whether or not you're cast isn't just about your acting abilities; you also have to have the right looks and such (and connections, for that matter)).

(EDIT: Not to say that I don't enjoy watching the movies when finished.)

I guess it's all subjective, but this is pretty raw footage which shows what actually is going into the acting, without the editing (which makes a HUGE difference), music, special effects, etc., which all affect how audiences experience the acting. I've sometimes thought that, for films, the editing does more acting than the actors.

But I think some actors are above Potter-level, and can create a powerful presence that makes it seem as if they are not just somebody reciting lines. Maybe it also helps if the screenplay is believable.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

One might point out, before the "anyone can do it" brigade get carried away poo-pooing the performances in the Harry Potter films, that Daniel Radcliffe received rave reviews for his performances both in London's East End and on Broadway in Peter Shaffer's "Equus".

Not poo-pooing the performances of Potter actors anymore than poo-pooing the natural acting abilities I believe we are all born with. I don't see it as an elite art.

I think raw footage like this makes it more apparent. It's amazing how different it seems. (To me, at least.)
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I've only seen litle bits of one potter movie while in a store.

It looked like bad acting and bad filmmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
    I've only seen litle bits of one potter movie while in a store.

It looked like bad acting and bad filmmaking.

I only saw a little bit of Casablanca while walking past a TV shop once, it looked like bad acting and bad film-making.

Sounds silly, doesn't it.

Considering that no more than any two of the Potter films were directed by the same person, it's a pretty gross generalization to make. I think your bias is showing.

Go Back to forum