• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: K-Sounds Signature Piano - New C7 Sample!

Share/Bookmark

K-Sounds Signature Piano - New C7 Sample!

K-Sounds Announces Signature Piano
    Virtual C7 for Kontakt

Hello everyone,

Some of you may be familiar with K-Sounds' products that hardware synth users have enjoyed for years. I'm pleased to announce the first K-Sounds piano for software: Signature Piano.

Signature Piano is based on samples of a Yamaha C7, recorded and edited to have an up-front, studio sound with generous sustain. As a professional pianist, I created this instrument to be extremely playable. I've played it constantly during the development process to ensure a solid finger-to-music connection. And to accommodate the wide range of controller keyboards and playing styles, the unique interface allows users to draw a custom velocity curve and adjust amplitude response to velocity.

Another feature I'm very excited about is the pedal-down sympathetic resonance. True samples of the resonance are provided as an independent layer that is skillfully combined with pedal-up samples when the pedal is pressed. I believe this implementation gives the best of both worlds - the realism of typical pedal-down samples and the pedalling flexibility and volume adjustment possibilities typically found only in convolution or similar effects.

Signature Piano Main Features:

Stereo samples up to 11 velocities.
    Unlooped, full decay up to 20 seconds.
    Recorded and edited at 176.4kHz, 24 / 32 bits. Presented at 44.1kHz, 24 bits.
    Wide stereo image.
    Edited for mono compatibility.
    True sampled “damper pedal” sympathetic string resonance with independent pedal response.
    Release resonance samples.
    Hammer and damper noise samples.
    Highly adjustable touch response.
    Integrated 3-band EQ.
    On / off and volume controls for damper resonance, release resonance, and noises.
    Big sound with modest storage requirements - only 2.6Gb.
    Designed to be incredibly playable.

Demos, system requirements, and a downloadable User Guide are available at the K-Sounds website.
    Keven Spargo, Sound Designer
    www.ksounds.com
    Quality sounds for Kontakt, Yamaha, Kurzweil, and Triton

Re: K-Sounds Signature Piano - New C7 Sample!

Hi Ksounds:

How about considering a group buy for this piano or a new release sale. I think that would really help get the word out.

Dd

Thanks for your suggestion, ddarwin7! I definitely want to get the word out as much as possible. I typically don't do a lot of sales, though, because they can easily devalue a great product.
    www.ksounds.com

Well, fair enough. I see what you mean. You do have a stunning piano. Sounds fabulous, one of the best I've heard, and I have most of the mega libraries. Really like the sound of the demos.

Are you applying any processing (verbs, compress) to the demos, or are they straight out of the box. I really like the pristine sound of the 'Medium medley' and 'Reflective medley' smooth as silk.

I really hope this brings you lots of sale as this is one of the best sounding C7I've heard. Evethought I might not get this right away, I will someday (hopefully soon) get this. Thanks for letting me know.

Dd

Thanks for your positive comments! I'm glad you like what you hear. No processing was applied to the demos other than normalizing, trimming silence, and slight fading between medley clips - no reverb, compression, EQ, or other effects. What you hear is the product by itself.
    www.ksounds.com

Just a quick update:

It came to my attention that some may perceive the samples as quite ambient. Although they do have a bit of the room sound, a lot of the perceived ambience comes from the sympathetic string resonance samples. If a drier sound is what's called for, the resonance volume can be adjusted, or the resonance can be disabled altogether.

I added a second version of the Purgatory Creek demo so you can hear exactly how much ambience is added by the room (recorded into the samples) vs. the ambient quality of the resonance samples.

Here are links to those comparison demos. Additional demos are still at the main Signature Piano page.
    Purgatory Creek demo with resonance
    Purgatory Creek demo NO resonance

I might add 2nd, no-resonance versions of some of the other demos. If anyone thinks this would be helpful, let me know.
    www.ksounds.com

Created another demo today for those who like it bright:
    Bright Gospel demo - Also appears on the main product page.

For this clip, I disabled the sympathetic resonance for a less ambient sound. I used the built-in 3-band EQ with default frequencies and the following gain settings:

Low: -2db
    Mid: -7db
    High +13db

This sounds quite bright to my ears, and it can be far brighter if you need it to be. Each EQ can be boosted or cut by as much as 18db.
    www.ksounds.com

Yikes, hello Elton John!
    Little too borderline electric grand sounding for my liking... But the other demos on your site are really nice. I don't know what I'm going to do with another piano lib, but your is definately on my "list"...

I haven't bothered to listen to the new demo yet, but as an owner, the out-of-the-box sound is already bright enough for me for general use - it's very very expressive, going from very mellow and sonorous with great sustain to an aggressive metallic for forte.

This probably goes without saying, but you must very carefully set up your velocity response to exploit the full range of timbres. (up until recently, for example, I hadn't been accessing the very lowest velocity layer of another sampled piano that I have, and every little bit makes a difference)

Greg.

Updates:

- All Signature Piano download orders now include two format options: ZIP (most common, most universally compatible) and self-extracting RAR (fewer files to download, but may not work with all Macs).

- A free demo version of Signature Piano is available in ZIP and RAR formats. See this thread for download links. Enjoy!
    www.ksounds.com

Go Back to forum