• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recording Studio

Share/Bookmark

Recording Studio

Hello !!

I will be soon receiving my copy of JABB and I can't wait to use it !!! I'm going to record a bunch of songs at a friend's studio and I want to use JABB for all my brass parts. The problem is that he does not own a copy of JABB. Is there a work around to this situation ??? I recorded all my drum tracks at his studio using my copy of Addictive Drums because they have a 10 day grace period before you have to register the product. Is there something similar with JABB ??? If not, does somebody know of a way I could record my tracks from my computer to his ???

Thank you very much ,

Pierreau

Re: Recording Studio

Put your computer in his studio while you are working there.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F View Post
    Put your computer in his studio while you are working there.
    +1 to Hannes.

Alternatively, if that is not an option, you are allowed two concurrent installs of KP2/JABB. Install it on his machine in your name. Then, once finished and the MIDI or audio is bounced, uninstall.

But why do you need a studio to record MIDI tracks? You can record your JABB tracks on your own time at your home, bring the audio recordings to the studio for you two to work together on the mix.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    But why do you need a studio to record MIDI tracks? You can record your JABB tracks on your own time at your home, bring the audio recordings to the studio for you two to work together on the mix.

Randy
    Perhaps he doesn't own a sequencer. Maybe he's planning on using it as a stand-alone?

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't own a sequencer. Maybe he's planning on using it as a stand-alone?
    Ah! Yes, Eric - you're probably right.

Pierreau, I asked my question earlier hoping you'd tell us a bit more about the situation so maybe we could help you better. Do you have a laptop? If so, JABB could be authorized to be on that machine also, and that would be easier to take to your friend's studio.

Randy

Hi ! ,

Thank you for your response. The way I see it is , if I record all my midi tracks on my laptop ( This is what I use with Reaper and a Focusrite Saffire 10 ) I will still need the samples from JABB to play the midi files. Even if I import the MIDI files to his ProTools system he won't have the samples to reproduce them. That's why I installed Addictive Drums on his computer when I recorded the drum parts. I played my DTXtreme kit and recorded directly on his system . If I can install JABB on his system for a day or two all I have to do is export the midi files to his computer, open JABB , assign each samples to the right track and then convert them to .wav . After I uninstall JABB and go home

The purpose of this is to record my album in his studio because he has more knowledge of recording and better equipment than me.

I hope that this will shed a little more light on what I'm trying to achieve. If you guys know of a better or easier way to do it I will be happy to listen to your suggestions

Once again , thank you !!

Pierreau

I'd say load JaBB on your laptop and take it to his studio. Have him load the midi in protools and address your laptop via midi interface and record the audio output of your laptop's soundcard as it plays back the midi files. Then he has all the tracks in his protools rig where he can mix them.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins View Post
    I'd say load JaBB on your laptop and take it to his studio. Have him load the midi in protools and address your laptop via midi interface and record the audio output of your laptop's soundcard as it plays back the midi files. Then he has all the tracks in his protools rig where he can mix them.
    I don't have anything to add except to say that this is an excellent option - no mucking about with registering/deregistering with NI or anything.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum