• Register
  • Help

Topic: garritan steinway-professional edition

Share/Bookmark

Smile garritan steinway-professional edition

Hey

i cant find ASIO driver for Garritan steinway,so sound comes of my computer and not from my midi keyboard.I am using clavinova clp-330

anyone who could help ,please post replies in this topic

thank you in forward

Bernard

Re: garritan steinway-professional edition

Hi Bernard,
    An ASIO driver is related to a "digital audio interface" for a computer (hardware), and not specific to software like the Garritan product. What they are suggesting is that you select the ASIO driver for your interface which in turn is then used to output sound from the Garritan software and then out of your computer. You will require a suitable interface with its own provided ASIO driver to do what you wish. Hope that helps.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Hi Bernard,
    An ASIO driver is related to a "digital audio interface" for a computer (hardware), and not specific to software like the Garritan product. What they are suggesting is that you select the ASIO driver for your interface which in turn is then used to output sound from the Garritan software and then out of your computer. You will require a suitable interface with its own provided ASIO driver to do what you wish. Hope that helps.
    thank you very much ,i will try cubase 5

Bernard

Alas, Cubase 5 will not solve the ASIO problem you mentioned. It too requires a hardware digital audio interface for the computer in order to function properly. For information on audio interfaces, please visit the web sites of companies like RME, Presonus and M-Audio or simply Google "digital audio interface" on the internet. Here's a link to an example of a suitable interface: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_400.php

HTH................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html

is that enough good ,than i will buy that if its enough good

thank you in forward for your answer

Bernard

Yes this would do for most computers but I do note its 16 bit not 24 bit which is more of a standard today, you could do better I think.
    However you do not say if you have a laptop or a PC or Mac. Basically you need a sound card (audio interface) with a decent sound card driver and MIDI inputs (the MIDI inputs distinguish it from a gamers sound card). These can be internal (e.g M Audio 2496) or external like the one you have picked. I have an internal card, but I do understand that the audio interfaces can be connected either by firewire or USB connections. If your computer is USB 1 (the standard today is USB 2) it might be a little slow at grabbing the data 'bottlenecking' which could cause problems...I think but am not sure.

There are many on the market your best of giving your local PROFESSIONAL music shop a call - such as Digital Village, GAK, or Absolute in the UK. Have your computer spec ready.

The more money you pay the better Audio sound you will get - given the right speakers and amp. MIDI is just data and cannot be improved by buying more expensive. Today though, even cheaper 24 bit cards are often of pretty good quality.

After you have installed the driver for your interface or card it will show up to be selected for your music applications.
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Also, Fast Track Pro is only USB 1.0, which is already an old standard. I'm not on expert on this, but maybe someone else who knows about this stuff can say if this has influence on latencies.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

USB is the worst possible choice. In order of desirability and low latency, a PCIe card (often linked to an external breakout box) is best, next is Firewire then last is USB 2. I'd suggest anything that runs via USB 1.0 be avoided completely. And also, one should note that not any old interface will be suitable for audio related software such as Cubase for example. One requires an interface with its own suitable and solid ASIO driver. Not all audio devices have an ASIO driver, and some have an ASIO driver that doesn't play well with pro software, so be careful. Also ASIO4all is not a recommended solution with some software. As ZeroZero suggests, it's best to consult locally with a knowledgeable sales person at a good music store, tell them what you want to do now and hope to do in the future, and then see what they can recommend...also based on your budget of course.
    Finally, rather than the M-Audio device, you were wondering about, may I suggest that you look at something like this one which is in the same range, but use Firewire.
    http://www.presonus.com/products/Det...px?ProductId=4
    ...........playz

Yes another thing to bear in mind (sorry ) Is that everything is going to go 64 bit and win 7 over the next year or two and the compatible driver for your device should also be available, perhaps not yet but defintely by October. What I mean if you have some not so well known company supplying the device they might not upgrade the driver to win 7 and or 64 bit. If you stick with a well regarded good selling device from a reputable music hardware manufacturer (not hifi manufacturer of course) then even if there is no win 7 driver yet there probably will be one in October when win 7 is released. You could always enquire if one is under development first. I would
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    USB is the worst possible choice. In order of desirability and low latency, a PCIe card (often linked to an external breakout box) is best, next is Firewire then last is USB 2. I'd suggest anything that runs via USB 1.0 be avoided completely. And also, one should note that not any old interface will be suitable for audio related software such as Cubase for example. One requires an interface with its own suitable and solid ASIO driver. Not all audio devices have an ASIO driver, and some have an ASIO driver that doesn't play well with pro software, so be careful. Also ASIO4all is not a recommended solution with some software. As ZeroZero suggests, it's best to consult locally with a knowledgeable sales person at a good music store, tell them what you want to do now and hope to do in the future, and then see what they can recommend...also based on your budget of course.
    Finally, rather than the M-Audio device, you were wondering about, may I suggest that you look at something like this one which is in the same range, but use Firewire.
    http://www.presonus.com/products/Det...px?ProductId=4
    ...........playz
    i will than buy a presonus firebox

thank you for your advices

Go Back to forum