• Register
  • Help

Topic: Serenity

Share/Bookmark

Serenity

Relax and enjoy. This piece has taken me quite a few weeks to compose. I usually find that the simplest of ideas are the most difficult to orchestrate. As usual, let me know what you think.

Regards

Peter

http://www.northernsounds.net/members/213/

Re: Serenity

Very aptly named - peaceful, full of quiet reflection, somewhat uplifting....
    Trent P. McDonald

Hi, Peter - This is great to see you posting more music here, thanks.

"Serenity" is indeed aptly named, as Trent said. I had a wonderful time drifting along with it. You're doing very effective things with your Garritan Libraries - Your musicianship shines through like a steady flame.

You only have this one piece up on that page now--I'm certain you had several pieces there last time I visited. - ?

Thanks again, Peter.

Randy

Thanks for your thoughts.

You only have this one piece up on that page now--I'm certain you had several pieces there last time I visited. - ?

I didn't have enough space (only got 50MB) to upload so something had to go to get Serenity up.

Thanks again, Peter.

Randy[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Serenity is just the feeling evoked by this gentle, lyrical piece. As noted above, it is aptly named. It is also naturally beautiful, without reaching for any of its effects. It simply unfolds before the ear in elegant simplicity. I'm grateful for the chance to have heard it. Keep up the good work!

--August

Peter,

I find your composition very relaxing and soothing, making one take a reflective pause.

It is well written and performed, has good balance and changing textures, repetitive without being boring.

The only thing I would have changed is smoothening and softening the transitions between the passages.

Well done!

~Yudit~

Go Back to forum