• Register
  • Help

Topic: BFD 2 Vs. Addictive Drums Vs. Superior Drummer 2.0 for a pop punk or post h/c sound?

Share/Bookmark

BFD 2 Vs. Addictive Drums Vs. Superior Drummer 2.0 for a pop punk or post h/c sound?

I am looking for the best sounding MIDI Vst that could be comparable to Forever The Sickest Kids, paramore, or even Attack Attack.I currently have a Roland TD-20s set and I just can't seem to find that poppy snare and just overall sound I am looking for. I also have Addictive Drums and the snares are pretty nice but once I put it in a mix it just sounds really messy.

Here is an example of the sound I get with my Roland TD-20 on the studio kit: www.myspace.com/TeraBrite

To me the snare sounds like crap and it just doesn't sound like I think it could overall. Would any of those other drum vst's sound better for what I am looking for? Or do you have any tips on how I can make what I have work for me? I have Izotope Ozone 4 if that helps, it hasn't really done Addictive Drums any justice yet.

Any suggestions are appreciated! =]

Re: BFD 2 Vs. Addictive Drums Vs. Superior Drummer 2.0 for a pop punk or post h/c sou

Quote Originally Posted by yournameinink View Post
    I am looking for the best sounding MIDI Vst that could be comparable to Forever The Sickest Kids, paramore, or even Attack Attack.
    I am a beta tester for Toontrack and I can ensure you that with S2 you can create a drum sound similar to the first band you mentioned.
    I especially like the Allaire kit which is included with the S2 SDX New York Studios. You could also consider The Metal Foundry.

Please check out the demos at http://www.toontrack.com under products.

BTW, it always requires some mixing skilss to get drums to sound well in a mix.

Best, Harry

Re: BFD 2 Vs. Addictive Drums Vs. Superior Drummer 2.0 for a pop punk or post h/c sou

BFD gets my vote - seems more powerful - you have to buy buy buy though to get the packs and no brushes as standard - but I think it brushes would be just a little lost in a mix like that lol
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum