• Register
  • Help

Topic: I probably shouldn't be asking this...

Share/Bookmark

Question I probably shouldn't be asking this...

...but with all the announcements of new string libraries I was wondering about the Garritan strings: are they still on the roadmap?

And how about the announced organ library, is it also to be expected some time in the not so distant future?

Re: I probably shouldn't be asking this...

ask away....good luck

I'm curious about the string library...
    I wonder if it's too much to ask:

would the string library be ready SHORTLY after the release of GPO-Aria (ie: months)?

or is there still a lot of work to do on the string library (years)?

Given that the string libraries coming are looking to be at price points between $600-$1300 but with a lot of amazing features (true divisi sections) it will be hard to deliver a product that sonically competes for a lot less. We are getting spoiled with the level of realism that developers are putting out.

would it be improper to request the names of a few of these string libraries? (I think considering I own every single Garritan library except the Steinway, I might be allowed to own at least ONE non-Garritan product )

I've just sat through a session of demos of the Vienna strings, and can quite honestly say that I am FAR from impressed. For the price, I was expecting considerably better. If it's going to sound like a synth, I may as well wait and pay less for it! (sorry, Gary, that IS one of the weaknesses of the Garritan library - the strings aren't terribly convincing).

Where I notice these libraries shine (things like the Vienna), is when people actually compose FOR the libraries. In other words, they avoid the weaknesses and play only to the strengths. But other than composing demos for sample libraries, that certainly cuts down on your options for composition.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    would it be improper to request the names of a few of these string libraries?

If you go to the Sample Discussion forum you'll find the names easily enough. As far as Gos2 is concerned, I'm also looking forward to upcoming information and demos.

Go Back to forum