• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP! JABB not reading on Logic Pro prerecorded tracks

Share/Bookmark

HELP! JABB not reading on Logic Pro prerecorded tracks

hi

I'm new to this forum

I just bought JABB and installed it onto my MacBook Pro 10.5.7

I have Kontakt player 2 and it runs through this.
    I am working with Logic Pro 8. I had a score that i was working with using sounds from the Logic Pro library. After I installed JABB i then reassigned the sounds to JABB sounds. The midi keyboard recognises the sounds and plays them back for each track and will record new tracks using those sounds.
    BUT my pre-recorded tracks play back with NO sound at all with the JABB sounds.

Can anyone help???? I have searched the forums and seen other similar problems but no solution. . .

would be so grateful if someone can fix this

Re: HELP! JABB not reading on Logic Pro prerecorded tracks

Hello and welcome to Garritan on Northernsounds.

JABB responds to modwheel data, CC1, to get information about how loud to play its sounds. Logic's built-in instruments do not. Most likely, there is no CC1 data in these pre-recorded tracks so the JABB instruments (winds, anyhow) will default to zero volume (CC1=0). Try opening Logic's piano roll and inserting some CC1 controller information at the start of each track.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

hi thanks for reply

actually someone else suggested that from the logic forum i belong too aswell. But i have been into hyperdraw in the inst channel and under the piano roll to control the Modulation (i presume that is what you mean by CC1?) and it makes no difference. There is absolutely no sound from that track- totally dead.

Any other ideas?

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alhpj View Post
    Any other ideas?

many thanks
    Plenty

Try these:

First, are you using the latest Kontakt Player? The version should be 2.2.4. You can get the updater from the Native Instruments website. I vaguely remember there being something about 2.2.3 and Leopard...

Second, check your signal routing in Logic/Kontakt:
    1. Verify that the output port is set to KP2.
    2. Verify that the channel is set to a channel with loaded instrument in Kontakt.
    3. If KP2 receives data, you'll see a light blink:

Let the song play, and if you see this light going, we know the issue is before it hits kontakt, otherwise it is in or after.
    4. If the audio engine is running and everything is all right in Kontakt world you'll see the meter on the right side of an instrument light green to yellow. If this happens, verify that the output port of the instrument from Kontakt is assigned to an audio track of Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Plenty

Try these:

First, are you using the latest Kontakt Player? The version should be 2.2.4. You can get the updater from the Native Instruments website. I vaguely remember there being something about 2.2.3 and Leopard...

Second, check your signal routing in Logic/Kontakt:
    1. Verify that the output port is set to KP2.
    2. Verify that the channel is set to a channel with loaded instrument in Kontakt.
    3. If KP2 receives data, you'll see a light blink:

Let the song play, and if you see this light going, we know the issue is before it hits kontakt, otherwise it is in or after.
    4. If the audio engine is running and everything is all right in Kontakt world you'll see the meter on the right side of an instrument light green to yellow. If this happens, verify that the output port of the instrument from Kontakt is assigned to an audio track of Logic.
    Thanks SO much for this reply-
    1.I have updated KP2 as you suggested.
    2- i have a new problem in that the yellow light that blinks when one is playing is now NOT working, where as it was before. So when i play my keyboard, the keyboard window on KP2 shows the notes i am playing, but the yellow bar is no longer flashing. Yesterday, there was so much fiddling around trying to get this sorted out, before your helpful reply, that i think something has been reset to have made this happen, but i cannot figure out what!
    Could you let me know, before i proceed with the other suggestion you make, how to get that yellow bar light flashing when i play the notes?

MANY thanks for you help. Really appreciated.

and sorry- but i just noticed on some of the tracks now, not even the keyboard window in KP2 is not showing the notes being played.
    these are NEW problems to what was going on before. IF you could let me know how to reset all that stuff then hopefully we can get back to solving the orginal problem of the pre-recorded tracks not playing back.
    Because now NOTHING is playing back and even when i lay new tracks with KP2 sounds, even those aren't playing. So obviously something was set wrongly when i was fiddling around!!

and now i just found out my midi keyboard is not working with ANY sounds from the logic library so something has definitely been reset wrongly!!

ok- i got all the sounds back and midi keyboard working again!! phew!

what i now need guidance with (am such a newbie!) is how to check that each logic track is routed to the same midi channel as in KP2.

If anyone can please explain how to do this in guidance for an idiot talk (ie REALLY clearly as i don't understand alot of the lingo yet) I'd SUPER appreciate it. it's been 2 days of hell trying to sort this stuff out.

THANKS!

Sure,

As a disclaimer I'm a PC user so my explanation is likely to be bumbling. Hopefully a logic user will join this discussion soon and point out my mistakes.

You basically want to match assignments between Logic and KP2. If you click on a MIDI track, on the console or mixer view you will likely be able to see some sort of Input/Output collection. The output of the MIDI will be assigned to Kontakt Player 2. Somewhere there will be a dropdown that has 1-16, and possible None or Omni. This is the MIDI channel assignment. If that says "1," then its information will come in on Channel 1 of the Kontakt Player Synth (though sometimes you can also specify individual MIDI notes' destinations too).

Hope this helps and please pardon the lack of specificity.

Reegs

Go Back to forum