• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help - Tracktion 3 Does not find Kontact 2

Share/Bookmark

Help - Tracktion 3 Does not find Kontact 2

Help

I have just installed Tracktion 3 and such does not load Kontact 2 when I place a filter over a track. However other filters will locate a rack effect.

The other filters Amplitude etc. are seen. I do not see any instruments. I registered at Native Instruments on line.

Also will Garriton work on Audacity as a VST Plugin?

Can Garriton work on linux Ubuntu?

Does it make sense to create a partition on the C drive to host all the music applications? Will this help with configuration conflicts?

David

Re: Help - Tracktion 3 Does not find Kontact 2

Hi David and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by vamanadeva View Post
    I have just installed Tracktion 3 and such does not load Kontact 2 when I place a filter over a track. However other filters will locate a rack effect. The other filters Amplitude etc. are seen. I do not see any instruments. I registered at Native Instruments on line.
    I'm not completely sure what you're saying here. GPO and its Kontakt Player 2 container is not a VST effect, but a VST Instrument (VSTi). You send it MIDI commands and it turns them into sound. It does not function on or affect existing audio. I'm not familiar with Tracktion, but try looking for an "Insert Soft Synth" or "Insert Virtual Instrument" command. GPO/KP2 should show up there, so long as you tell Tracktion where to look. The Kontakt Player 2 .dll vsti file will be located in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\vstplugins, or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins, or a similar folder. There is likely a menu in tracktion which will let you specify directories.

Also will Garriton work on Audacity as a VST Plugin?

Can Garriton work on linux Ubuntu?
    Garritan VST products with Kontakt Player 2 will work in most programs that support the VSTi 2.4 architecture. I haven't tried Audacity, but if it can host soft synth VSTi's, then yes, most likely.

The same goes for Linux. There are users who have GPO running on Linux.

Does it make sense to create a partition on the C drive to host all the music applications? Will this help with configuration conflicts?
    It's recommended that you leave your main operating system disk intact. Windows and the installed sequencer and VST programs should all run from the same disk (C. Particularly large volumes of samples and recordings should be placed on separate disks (not partitions). With GPO and other small-footprint libraries (<5GB) this is not necessary. With libraries extending into the tens of gigabytes you should begin to explore this option.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Re: Help - Tracktion 3 Does not find Kontact 2

I have just installed Tracktion 3 and such does not load Kontact 2 when I place a filter over a track. However other filters will locate a rack effect.
    I have Tracktion 3 and I just loaded the "Kontakt Player" in to the rack. I then loaded GPO and JaBB instruments from the Garritan Library into the Kontakt Player. I have never had any problems using Kontakt and GPO in Tracktion 3.

Have you read the manuals for Tracktion, Kontakt Player and the Garritan Libraries?

The biggest thing in Tracktion 3 is to make sure you have the rack showing (it is a part of the icons on the upper right of your sequencer screen above where the word "filters" is located. You then bring the Kontakt Player down into the rack and the rack will ask you if it should connect automatically or leave it for you to connect manually. Let Tracktion go ahead and connect it. Then double click on the Kontakt Player and the Garritan Libraries should come up in the Kontakt Player.

I have used the Kontakt Player in each track but that is memory inefficient.

Hope this helps.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum