• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Another 64 bit question..Altiverb + Jbridge

Share/Bookmark

Another 64 bit question..Altiverb + Jbridge

HI - has anyone successfully got this going:

Altiverb via J-Bridge in Cubase 5 64 bit?

I know theres a good convo reverb in Cubase 5, but for now I prefer to get Altiverb going if possible.

cheers.

Re: Another 64 bit question..Altiverb + Jbridge

Why don't You dl Jbridge demo and try.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but my initial impression is that JBridge and Altiverb won't play nicely. It's an intense plugin that, in my experience, is pretty tempermental.

-Alex

Thanks for the replies.
    Alex, my gut tells me too that Altiverb is not going to like this, but if theres a free demo to download I'll give it a try.
    If this works - i'll let you know.

Seems like people have had Altiverb working with jbridge/Sonar 8 64 bit. Not much help, but it may give some hope?

Mahlon

Thanks Mahlon - could i ask where you read/heard about this? I'm trying the demo version, but finding some of the instructions a bit confusing - so maybe if you read about it on a Sonar forum they could shed some light.(seems to be to setup you do basically the same thing for Sonar as for Cubase).

A friend of mine is in the same situation and it works not well.

But, Steinberg announced the their Convo Verb soon will be work in true stereo. Can`t wait for it.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Thats good news Gunther. The only thing i miss with not using Altiverb, compared to REVerence in Cubase 5, is the ability to alter the stage depth- that you cant do with Cubase's REVerence reverb (unless I'm still missing something! ).

This you must do seperately.

Built subgroups, lets say one for violines, one for cellos a.s.o. . There insert an Reverence-verb and use only the er`s and make it loud! for example 60% dry, 40% wet. Experiment.

To place the instruments right (in the deph)use different pre-delay times in Reverence.

Then add a new instance of Reference for the reverb (Hall) in your mastertrack.

Experiment and you will get the results you are locking for!
    And: Reference is very goooood!

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

upsider,
    I had asked the question about Altiverb/jbridge/sonar somewhere else and had a couple of replies that it had worked. I don't remember exactly where I asked that -- maybe it was the NI forum.

I asked again at the Sonar forum and the developer for jbridge responded that a couple of users had reported it worked -- but with the following procedure. This may apply to Cubase as well if your Altiverb resides on a dongle.

From the developer:
    "Hi, folks.
    I am the developer of jBridge.
    Regarding iLok protected products, they'll probably never work ( and I can't offer support for that, as you may understand ), since their protection mechanisms seem to prevent them from being bridged.

However, some users have reported that they were able to run Altiverb6 (which uses a dongle) by disabling the "use auxhost thread safety measures" option. I can't confirm that.
    Regarding any other problems you may encounter, feel free to drop me a line, I am committed to make this work as well as possible."

Also, he wrote:

"According with two user's reports, the dongled version of Altiverb6 will work with jBridge, but you must disable the "use auxhost thread safety measures" option, or it will crash."

Found here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=...tiverb+jbridge

You might just email and ask him about Cubase. I'm sure he's had others asking the same thing. Seems to be a very nice fellow.

good luck,
    Mahlon

Go Back to forum