• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Still a work in progress - yet to be named. Any suggestions?

Share/Bookmark

Still a work in progress - yet to be named. Any suggestions?

Just a sample of what I've been working on lately.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...18,%202009.wav

Sorry for the WAV format. Hard disk crash lost my WAV to MP3 conversion tool and haven't gotten it back yet.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Still a work in progress - yet to be named. Any suggestions?

Mitch,

the link doesn`t work here (in Germany) ...
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Oh great. It doesn't work here either and I'm just down the road from my server. There's road construction going on in front of our house for the next six months which means the phone company may be working on moving the lines at anytime. Plus my kids are home so they may be on the computer playing their video games slowing things down even if the phone service is working. AARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! Such unreliable service! I need to find another, more reliable source to post my work at for the next 6 months I guess.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Use www.box.net , its free!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Back online now. Can't believe I'm paying extra for such poor phone service. Can't load song to www.box.net as the wav file is too large. Just have to keep using my old computer I guess.

Mitch, MP3 burners seem to be everywhere now, and for free. Here's one I quickly Googled up:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/mp3.htm...FRZCagodfwRg4w

Use that, or some other freebie, the MP3 file will be way under the 10 meg limit for the free Box account. Or for $5 a month you can have Box with no upload size limit. It's served me well for a long time now.

Randy

Ok, so does this link work?

http://www.box.net/shared/1p6bmvaia8

Success, Mitch!

This is a very pleasant piece, tastefully played on the piano. It has a hymn-like quality to it, and maybe because of the 3/4 time signature it has a lullaby feeling to it also. Some nice old-fashioned turns to the chords that I appreciate.

This is a Song, with its strong, clear chord progression and melody. Are part of your plans to set lyrics to it?

I'm sure glad you overcame the obstacles and got it posted here - Thanks!

Randy

Lyrics? I WISH. You're talking to a man of few words here. Lyrics would be nice but are not in my repertoire. But thanks for the nice review. Much appreciated.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast